Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Karen & Larry

furnance

has anyone had trouble with the heating vents not suppling enough heat to reach the thermostat in a 29 Res 2013 5 th Cougar X Lite? I f we are running the furance we find that it doesn't shut off because the air temp is not reaching it's set heat with the thrmostat? we took it into the dealership & also called the factory which they reported that all the furnances run that way. & we should really use an electric heater ? I wasn't Happy with this answer since we have only used it once so far this May.
We aren't new to Rving and do know how these furance work & we never had a problem with our last trailer.
Karen
Karen & Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Javi

Most likely there is a twist or two in the duct work... several people have reported that they dropped the coroplast and straightened it out... You can probably find several threads related if you use the search function...
Old 06-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
Redward

furnace and venting design

I have a 2013 Cougar x lite 28RDB, which I had the same issue. I took it back to the dealer, who advised me that the wee bit of hot air coming from the vents was " within factory specs". This to me was a BS response. I spent $1800.00 to upgrade to a 42k BTU furnace, plus I had the dealer drop the belly pad, shorten the venting, and tape all of the connection points. This solved their poor design problem. The furnace will now keep the trailer warm, even if it is at the freezing point outside.
Redward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Stublejumper

Found the same thing on our avalanche 341 tg ,The back bed room and bathroom would 6 to 8 degrees warmer than the master bed room area where the t-stat is . I think it is a balancing issue.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
Karen & Larry

furnace

We were also told by both the dealership & factory that all was within the specs and that all the furnaces run that way. We aren't happy about this!
the dealership did nothing for us at all!!!
Karen & Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #6
Sloughpump

Are there alternatives to the duct material?

Has anyone ever converted to something hard, like dryer ducting, or ...?
Sloughpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:42 AM   #7
WaltBennett

Might also check that the duct tubes are actually connected to the hot air manifold (back of the furnace). They either may fall of as they aren't usually held on by a clamp, or they may not have been connected in the first place.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote