Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2019, 10:06 PM   #1
Alaskaman

Fuel station & generator fuel

My 2017 Carbon 417 only has one fill so one fuel tank. Does the tank have a reservoir to prevent emptying the tank fueling toys so I still have reserve for the generator when there is no more “pump-able” fuel at the nozzle?

Purchased in ‘18 as a new ‘17 model. We haven’t used this unit yet, the fuel gauge is blinking red even though I have put about 5 gallons in the tank; is that not enough to satisfy the low level alert?

Thanks for all the help in the past, hopefully someone knows what I’m talking about
Now.. Larry
Alaskaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:52 AM   #2
notanlines

Larry, I believe you have one tank (30 gallons) on your unit, With only five gallons the warning light will go on. Try filling the tank and see if the light doesn't go away. No, there is no reserve for the generator.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #3
Alaskaman

Thanks Jim, I didn't think there was a reserve. Do you or anyone here know what level the low light triggers at?

I suppose I could fuel up until the light goes off, lower the gas level until it comes back on, fill the tank to the top and do the math...hopefully someone here has the answer.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
MickLittle

On my Carbon, the fuel light quits flashing at about 5 gallons. I had emptied it out just to check. Mine also only holds 27 gallons! (Just in case you wanted to know)
MickLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #5
Alaskaman

Thanks Mick, not surprised the tank volume is off and as suspected, no reserve. I do need to add fuel to the tank and have faith (lol) the light will go off. Larry

Tags
fuel, generator