Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2019, 05:58 AM   #1
allantodd

Rear light Issue on Raptor 423

Sirs:
Can anyone assist ?

On my 2020 Raptor 423 I have about 14" led light fixture just above the awning above the rear cargo door. When I apply truck brakes only the two outside led bulbs light up red. The other 10 bulbs or so on the strip never light up. I can't get them to turn on no matter what I do.

Is this entire strip led light a faulty brake light or am I missing something here.

Any advise is appreciated

Thank You
Allan
allantodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:00 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Is the LED strip above the awning clear? If so then it might be activated with your TV reverse lights.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
allantodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Is the LED strip above the awning clear? If so then it might be activated with your TV reverse lights.
Chuckster

Yes they appear to be white. Ill try looking when truck in reverse. That makes good sense and I apologize for my stupidity
allantodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:48 AM   #4
Brentw

Check for water stains, my front one leaked and multiple LEDs failed.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:19 PM   #5
Theoldroaddog

The LED lights above the garage door awning usually has multiple uses. When connected to the TV the LED on each end of the bar and one in the middle will be red when you turn on the lights thus becoming clearance lights. When disconnected the light will be white when you use a switch on the interior of the garage. That is how my Impact is wired. No reverse lights were installed.
Theoldroaddog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, raptor