Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2018, 09:42 AM   #81
JMB

BAL Autoleveling System

We took delivery on our Outback 266RB with the new BAL leveling system have not taken a trip yet but going out west in august, have set the trailer up with auto-level a couple times works great so far. Well Pleased, no issues with needing to recalibrate so far Thanks
JMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #82
Sdkls

We have the electric ground control 3.0 on our fiver and love it, but I’ve been wondering...what is the likelihood that one of the electric motors will fail and what would be the manual override if that happens?

Just found the manual and see the manual override is on top. Thanks!
Sdkls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #83
ken56

Love mine also. I have the LCI Ground Control 3.0 on my Laredo 334RE travel trailer. I had to reset the level at first seeing the dealer was not real picky about exactly how level it was when they set it, otherwise its worked great. I find the trailer to be a lot more stable when set up. No shaking and bouncing hardly at all.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:50 PM   #84
JimMach1

We have had 2 auto level systems on Rvs and wouldn’t buy one without it. We were camping one time and I had backed in after another across the road I asked him if he could pull his truck out of the way a little he was already unhooked he said I’d have to wait till he leveled his camper. I jackknifed mine in anyway had it leveled with a beer in hand sitting in my chair watching him block his up. Well worth the money we have releveled the system a few times but as stated before by others lippert very easy to deal with. They also have a website with downloadable directions.
JimMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:15 AM   #85
maccam1

Would never have another th without it.that was the first must have on my list when I purchased
Last year
maccam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:50 AM   #86
NealBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMach1 View Post
We have had 2 auto level systems on Rvs and wouldn’t buy one without it. We were camping one time and I had backed in after another across the road I asked him if he could pull his truck out of the way a little he was already unhooked he said I’d have to wait till he leveled his camper. I jackknifed mine in anyway had it leveled with a beer in hand sitting in my chair watching him block his up. Well worth the money we have releveled the system a few times but as stated before by others lippert very easy to deal with. They also have a website with downloadable directions.

What a jerk he was!
Old 08-21-2018, 06:51 AM   #87
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdkls View Post
We have the electric ground control 3.0 on our fiver and love it, but I’ve been wondering...what is the likelihood that one of the electric motors will fail and what would be the manual override if that happens?

Just found the manual and see the manual override is on top. Thanks!

There is another on the bottom. The rear jacks are near impossible to access the top. 5/16”

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:04 AM   #88
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
There is another on the bottom. The rear jacks are near impossible to access the top. 5/16”
That ain't no joke...
Old 06-03-2019, 08:11 AM   #89
champyun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylemcmahon1 View Post
I have had the new bal 7.1 auto level on my 2018 325 bh since dec. have camped several times and taken it on 2000 mile round trip. Had to set the level at the brain the first day at home but after that works great with no problems. Buy and enjoy.
Where was your calibration box located on your 2018?
champyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #90
papachaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie A. View Post
I don't have much to compare it to other than a couple of rentals with the standard scissor jacks before we bought our TT, but we are on our first trip right now and it took 3 minutes and 28 seconds to level once I pushed the button and walked away. Went to let DW and kids know they could go in and get set up....DW was like, "already, are you sure you!?!?" It used to take me at least 10-15 mins so needless to say DW is happy. Happy wife, happy life!!! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that's about the norm for mine too, which appears to be just like yours, except I have the rack on the back. I LOVE this auto level system. Hit the button, walk over to talk to the neighbor, who asks "what's your camper doing"....love to just smile and say "oh that? it's just leveling itself"
papachaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #91
Kylemcmahon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by champyun View Post
Where was your calibration box located on your 2018?

Mine was located in the pass through baggage compartment mounted to the ceiling of the compartment.
Kylemcmahon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:15 AM   #92
k94x4

Love it! Would not have an RV without it. We used to p in the reason a lot and it was some nice not getting drenched like I used to with our old TT.
k94x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:36 PM   #93
John Fitz

Ok. You guys on a a roll. Here’s what happened to me today. I have a 2018 outback with the RAL 7.3 leveling system. I powered up the TT today to move it. Screen on the leveling unit comes on, but unresponsive. Must have gotten wet. The cover apparently blew open.

So I get all the stabilizers up manually, then try to override the tongue jack manually so I can hook it up to my truck. Well.....not so much. Neither the hex on the bottom of the unit nor the square receptacle next to the display screen will move the until up or down.

So I figure it must be a pin that broke that holds gears to make them mesh. Anyone know how to drop the housing for the BAL 7.3.? You’d think it would be easy, but my dumb *** couldn’t figure it out. TT is stuck right now at a campground I am leaving and I would like to move it. Lol
John Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:03 PM   #94
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fitz View Post
So I get all the stabilizers up manually, then try to override the tongue jack manually so I can hook it up to my truck. Well.....not so much. Neither the hex on the bottom of the unit nor the square receptacle next to the display screen will move the until up or down.
Maybe this is gear that I've never seen before, but aren't there manual up/down switches right on the jack motor head? I have one of those smart jacks that takes orders from the central Lippert unit when ordered, but the manual switches are still right there, front and center.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:25 PM   #95
John Fitz

I wish. Nothing
Old 04-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #96
John Fitz

There is a manual button on the digital interface, but that’s not working.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:28 AM   #97
JMB

BAL Auto Leveling System.

Wish I could tell you something. The only time i've had a problem was when the battery was low.
JMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:09 AM   #98
LewisB

Our Raptor came with the LCI Level-Up 6 jack system. I absolutely love it.

I recently had occasion to change a tire on the highway. Used the Level-Up system to raise the tire off the ground - changed the tire in about 10 minutes by myself (age 72). As I was letting the trailer back down on the ground, one of the 4 cops who had stopped to watch says, "Wow, I gotta' get those for my car!".
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:46 AM   #99
John Fitz

Finally....

Had to go to Tractors Supply and buy a manual screw jack. Took a bottle jack and took the weight off the foot and took the whole jack off qbr out the new one on. Annoying, but I was able to move it.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:28 PM   #100
paulprice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie A. View Post
I don't have much to compare it to other than a couple of rentals with the standard scissor jacks before we bought our TT, but we are on our first trip right now and it took 3 minutes and 28 seconds to level once I pushed the button and walked away. Went to let DW and kids know they could go in and get set up....DW was like, "already, are you sure you!?!?" It used to take me at least 10-15 mins so needless to say DW is happy. Happy wife, happy life!!! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, we just signed papers on a 2020 29bhs cougar. How have you liked it so far. Here is ours. https://www.bullyanrvs.com/product/n...bhs-1140184-29 (until they take the link down...) I need to mount a TV in the bedroom. Interested if you did that and how it went.
paulprice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling