Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2018, 01:39 PM   #21
cbmfire

In-Command

We have a 2019 Cougar 26 rbs with in-command. We love ours!!! A previous post was correct stating it does not control the auto level. It does control pretty much everything else. Except stove, fridge and microwave. Mine has the global connect and I can check on the TT while away and make sure the HVAC is working and temp is ok for our furry kids. It does not control TPMS that I’m aware of although I haven’t looked for it. Like stated in other post you can control lights and HVAC from bed. We absolutely love our new cougar!! The electric fireplace does a really good job of knocking the chill off the camper on cool mornings. Ours has two AC units and we can cut the rear one off while watching tv from the recliners. I think you’ll be pleased with the In-Command.
cbmfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:45 PM   #22
cbmfire

In-Command

Also, Always turn off your battery disconnect when stored even for a short period. The In-Command will not work with low voltage. I think it needs at least 12 volts to work. I think that’s correct but check with ASA to make sure.
cbmfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #23
OregonDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmfire View Post
Also, Always turn off your battery disconnect when stored even for a short period. The In-Command will not work with low voltage. I think it needs at least 12 volts to work. I think that’s correct but check with ASA to make sure.
This is correct! Know not from the manual, but from experience. And on that note, the disconnect that came with my 5'er does not completely disconnect everything (i.e. LP gas detector). After 3 weeks of storage, my batts were completely discharged. First modification I did was a real disconnect off the negative terminal from the battery bank. The deep cycle batteries will self discharge, so it doesn't completely solve the prob for long term storage. But for those of use that go out every month or so, this has been a great solution.
OregonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:43 AM   #24
Tinner12002

When you power up your onboard monitor it should show what items that are controlled by the in command system, same ones your phone will control after you download the app. My in command will run nearly everything on the RV but not in the RV. It will run water pump and water heater and switch between how I want to run the water heater, slides, awnings, front landing legs, water levels in all tanks and most lighting in the living area and lighting outside. Garage area and all appliances are still manual including furnace and AC. It also controls all generator functions as well including auto start on the gen plus gas levels in both tanks.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:55 AM   #25
MarkEHansen

Your iN-Command does not control the HVAC? The instructions for iN-Command talk about this specifically - and I don't remember seeing a thermostat in the trailer we're buying. I'll have to take another look when we go there on Saturday.
MarkEHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:57 AM   #26
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
Your iN-Command does not control the HVAC? The instructions for iN-Command talk about this specifically - and I don't remember seeing a thermostat in the trailer we're buying. I'll have to take another look when we go there on Saturday.
Yours may but ours does not, as we have the wall mounted stat.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #27
Old Mustanger

Our In Command doesn't control the HVAC either, maybe difference in model years? Actually kind of glad it doesn't and I would rather have switches to operate everything it does control. To me it is an "advance" that is not necessary and just adds additional cost and something else to go wrong. JMHO
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #28
TJO

Did a quick google search and found this.Hope it answers your question.

https://in-command.net/tpms/

Current Keystone models and version of in-command. This just give version not everything in-command runs on your version.

https://in-command.net/get-in-command/

I sent an email to In-Command asking where to get sensors. Will let you know what they tell me.
TJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:04 PM   #29
kayakjim

I have to laugh because I was at the dealer Friday getting a new microwave for my 2019 Cougar 27RES and the technician was all of 5 foot and needed a step stool to operate the in command system. I told him not to worry because I am 6 foot and need a step stool to work it too. Why in the heck do they install it so high up on the wall is beyond me. Bluetooth to the phone works great.... well then you unlock your phone.... etc. Sorry guys just my turn to bitch a bit. I think I am going to buy a cheap tablet and just mount the tablet lower and blue tooth to it. I am always misplacing my phone when I camp and always right when I need to turn off the outside lights and the only switch is the In Command.
kayakjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:58 PM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

It does "seem odd" that Keystone would install the touch pad as high as they do, but when you hear about all the "angry customers" whose toddlers are fascinated with the beeps and watching things flash...

The last thing Keystone wants (IMHO) is a lawsuit from someone whose toddler "crushed their brother with the slide"...

Well, the higher it's installed the less "parenting" Keystone has to do.... I know, I know.... but if it's too high for the kids to reach....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:45 AM   #31
kurbach

app for pc

Is their any chance that iN-Command app can be developed for a PC. I use my tablet camping more than my phone.
kurbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:32 AM   #32
TJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJO View Post
Did a quick google search and found this.Hope it answers your question.

https://in-command.net/tpms/

Current Keystone models and version of in-command. This just give version not everything in-command runs on your version.

https://in-command.net/get-in-command/

I sent an email to In-Command asking where to get sensors. Will let you know what they tell me.
Just off the phone with ASA the TPMS will be available in April 2019.
TJO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar