Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
rcbufalino

Want to add outside BBQ To 412 Fuzion

I have a Fuzion 412 TH, and would like to add a "RVBBQ"com" LP gas bbq grill to the trailer. The only area that looks good is on the kitchen slide. what issues or reccommendations does anyone. What type of fasteners should I use for the bbq hanging wall bracket
2014 Yamaha Stratoliner (His)
2014 Yamaha Stratoliner (Her)
1999 Yamaha Venture Royal Star
:USA2
rcbufalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Htfiremedic

I have a 322 and was wondering the same. Several companies make stands, how does that work comparatively? I have no true rear bumper.
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
glissa

I have a Fuzion 302. Mine came with a single quick connect LP line right behind the front main entrance stairs. I ended up modifying it with a "T" and putting two quick connects on it so I could run both my outdoor cooking burners, as well as my stand alone BBQ. Let me know if you want to see pics...
glissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
Scott L

What type of fasteners should I use

I have a Fuzion 395 and looking to do the same. It has the quick disconnect already installed but no bracket. I bought the bracket online. (http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Cam...RV_p_4663.html) It came with standard screws. Is there a proper way of fastening them other than pre-drilling holes on the fiberglass. To put a backing plate on them I would have to tear up the inside of the trailer to get to it. I bought the Stainless steel grill from camco (http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Cam...RV_p_4661.html) that comes with a stand/brace that will attach nicely to the bracket mentioned above. My previous 5er came with it pre-installed. Just don't want to rip holes in the side of my new 5er or drill into something i am not supposed to!!!
Scott L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
Bob Landry

I don't have a Fuzion, but I use a Weber baby Q setting on a folding TV table from Walmart. The 9' hose lets me set it where I want it and also enables me to use the Camp Chef stove with the same QC outlet. i would hesitate to screw into the fiberglass for anything heavy unless you know exactly where the alum. studs are. The filon is only 1/8" thick with a little chopped mat and gelcoat covering it.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
Scott L

What type of fasteners should I use

Where did you get the 9' hose with QC fittings? All the ones I have found come with a regulator, which I do not need.
I am wondering if a stud finder would work to find the aluminum studs? I will have to try it. I will post what I come up with.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
Scott L

Hose

I would like to find a 12'-15' hose with QC so i can go to the other side of the 5er when the wind changes.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #8
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott L View Post
I would like to find a 12'-15' hose with QC so i can go to the other side of the 5er when the wind changes.
Without knowing exactly which connectors you need on both ends of the hose, it's a bit difficult to steer you to a specific product or online source.

What I can tell you with a high degree of confidence is that many welding supply shops can make up just about any custom hose that you might want. They are usually the best source of quick connect fittings anyway if you don't want to shop online.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #9
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC7010 View Post
Without knowing exactly which connectors you need on both ends of the hose, it's a bit difficult to steer you to a specific product or online source.

What I can tell you with a high degree of confidence is that many welding supply shops can make up just about any custom hose that you might want. They are usually the best source of quick connect fittings anyway if you don't want to shop online.
^^this or visit the nearest propane distribution center. They can do the same. Not a place that just fills bottles, but one with a large bulk tank and has trucks for deliveries to residences. They should be able to get you taken care of as well.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
Scott L

Hose QC

They are the standard QC for Camco grills. Thanks for the guidance on getting a longer hose.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:24 AM   #11
Scott L

10' lp hose with QC

Here is the web site I found that was reasonably priced for a 10 foot hose with the Camco style quick disconnects. That way you have lots of options when the wind decides to blow or change directions.

http://caloreequipment.com/products/...sconnects.html