Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
Jimmie Fan

pickin up the 325srx

if all things work out we should be pickin up our unit next sat. dealer says should be in by then, came off the line on the 9th.
Jimmie Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #2
dave-g

good luck with it. I know you will enjoy it.

Just a quick note- Go on line and download a rv delivery check list. The excitement of taking delivery of a new rv can cloud you judgment.

Having had several used rvs taking delivery of my new 325srx was a big move and expense. When I went through every thing I only found one problem with a refrigerator door hinge. The dealer want to order it and have me come back. As soon as I said I would not take the rv- they pulled it off a rv on their lot.

This is the point of your biggest leverage. Do NOT sign the for the unit (final payment either) until everything is 100%.

Ok now I'm off my soap box-

My family and I love our 325srx rv- for 5 of us it roomy- family camping has a futon in the garage. Racing we put 3 dirt bike in the back.

I wish you may years of happy rving!
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:09 AM   #3
therink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
good luck with it. I know you will enjoy it.

Just a quick note- Go on line and download a rv delivery check list. The excitement of taking delivery of a new rv can cloud you judgment.

Having had several used rvs taking delivery of my new 325srx was a big move and expense. When I went through every thing I only found one problem with a refrigerator door hinge. The dealer want to order it and have me come back. As soon as I said I would not take the rv- they pulled it off a rv on their lot.

This is the point of your biggest leverage. Do NOT sign the for the unit (final payment either) until everything is 100%.

Ok now I'm off my soap box-

My family and I love our 325srx rv- for 5 of us it roomy- family camping has a futon in the garage. Racing we put 3 dirt bike in the back.

I wish you may years of happy rving!
X2- check every nook and cranny. Top to bottom, end to end. You will find something. Much easier to have them repair before you sign. They receive a hefty prep allowance from keystone on every unit they sell. Make them earn it. Ok, no I'm off my soap box too.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Jimmie Fan

going to go over it top to bottom front to back. this will be our 5th rig but 1st new one. looks like 1st trip will be dover for the race end of sept.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:36 AM   #5
dave-g

I have been very happy dry camping in mine- I picked up the Honda 3000 gen. Other than being very heavy I love it.

I found the 100 gallons of fresh water lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

I've never been to dover but I hear its a good time. good luck.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
Old 08-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie Fan View Post
if all things work out we should be pickin up our unit next sat. dealer says should be in by then, came off the line on the 9th.
Congratulations on the purchase! Very happy with ours.

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:27 AM   #7
Jimmie Fan

just to update. got call from deller unit is in, and we will be going up to do PD and papper work sat. will have to go back to pick it up on thr the 25 as deller cant install hitch till then. after lookin at tow specs didnt get the ford f250,insted went with chevy 3500 hd dw lb reg cab gas
Old 08-19-2011, 02:09 AM   #8
dave-g

that 3500 will pull it nice for sure. The f250 would be ok (that what I have) the trailer is 9600 lbs- but most 5th wheels weight more-
that 3500 will let you upgrade in the future.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
Old 08-19-2011, 05:32 AM   #9
Jimmie Fan

thanks dave-g, upgrade was part of the thinkin in my truck pick, i see you are in forked river we should get togeter some time and compair notes,im right up the road in s toms river. where did you get your 325 was it local?
Old 08-20-2011, 02:13 AM   #10
dave-g

while in the hunt for a trailer I fell in love with the 325srx layout. I liked the toy hauler- wife liked it did not look like a toy hauler. I had seen it at our local CW- but it was more money then I wanted to spend. (I wanted a used one).

after 2 months of looking- my wife said the magic words, "just go buy the dam thing-your driving me crazy". But by then CW was out of stock and looking at a 6-8 week delivery time.

I found mine at Indian Creek rv in pa. Small family owned place. Very nice experience.

I have of give the sales man at CW credit- I'm sure he wanted the sale but was honest about delivery times.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
Old 08-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #11
Jimmie Fan

Must be a smaller world than we think. Actually Indian Creek is Indian Valley because we got ours there too. LOLOL. After buying the unit we were talking to (Dave the salesman) and I was telling him how we met this gentleman on the forum and he put a rain gutter on the back of his camper. Dave replied that he sold someone a 325 that did that to his. We got to talking and realized it was you.