Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Mosnowman

Bullet 278RLS...bedroom door shade?

Newbie attempting to find out how you cover up the bedroom door window on the 278? The other side has the blackout shade for the window, but nothing over the door window. Is there some type of covering a person can put over a door window? Special RV type shade of some sort?
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
vaz42

Solar Window Cover

We had exactly that same question! Went to Camping World yesterday and bought something called a Solar Window Cover. Attaches with velcro although I haven't put it up yet. Hopefully this will do the trick, because that sun is really BRIGHT coming in the window early in the morning!
vaz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
campingcpl

We had the same problem in our Sprinter so we came up with a simple solution. We take a beach towel and hang it from the decorative header above the door and then after we get up we just take it down. Doing it this way we don't have to open the door and go outside to cover the window or take the cover off to let the extra light in.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
cumminsdad08

why couldn't you just screw a curtain rod onto the door and hang a curtain on, or maybe i am not understanding the question. the ultimate answer would be to get some really young kids that have a tendency to get up when the sun gets up so it wouldn't really be a problem for you. it seems to work for us anyhow.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

HA HA My days of getting up at the "crack of dawn" because the kids are up are long LONG behind me... Even the grandkids are in their teens and sleep late

As for putting a curtain rod, or an aluminum light block on the window. If you want to take it off, you have to open the door, separate the screen and pull it off. Although it is not a big deal, if it's raining and you want to get more light in, or if it's really "buggie" in the campground, who wants to open the door, just to install a light block???

I like the idea of a towel over the door header. It's done inside, no need to open the door and easy to remove if not needed.

We had a pull down pleated covering on the doors in a Holiday Rambler we had. What a pain in the %*& they were. We finally quit using them and just started hanging a hand towel over the inside of the door header.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:52 AM   #6
jambull

we had the same issue ,my quickest solution at the time was get a dark green plastic garbage bag and wedge it in the decorative header trim above the door . it was long enough and dark enough, light weight too so it never falls out..still using it as a shade. you might try a black garbage bag or maybe use 2 bags if you need it super dark. happy camping