Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
Kendo

Cool Fuzion 302 versus Raptor 300MP

I am looking at both of these units. Frankly, I can't tell if one is more upgraded than the other or not. There are things I like about both. For those of you that own one or the other, what are your experiences? Right now, I am kind of leaning more towards the Raptor.

Another question - is the Touring Edition or Velocity worth the extra money for the upgrade?

Thanks,

Ken
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
ccpetr318

Fuzion all the way...

Ken,
My wife and I spent six months researching toy haulers. We narrowed our search down to the Fuzion 302 and the Raptor 300mp. After looking at both extensively and doing our fair share of Internet searches we opted for the Fuzion 302. Than as we continued to look at options availbel to the 302 we discovered the Touring Edition III. We were able to get a 302 TE for only $1k more than the stock 302. We also added Dual Pane windows into that same cost point. We felt the small refinements found in the 302 outweighed those in the Raptor. The slider between the garage and the living area opens the whole unit up. Now the bathroom was an issue of contention for my wife. While she preferred the pullman style bathroom of the raptor there are only two of us so we weren't taken aback by the open style bathroom of the 302.

So all said the 302 TE was only a small amount more compared to if you price it out option for option. The velocity vs the TE just doesn't compare for extras. I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

Ours will be in the first week of March. Hopefully the snow melts soon.
ccpetr318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
mrxlh

Well, $.50 and my opinion won't even buy you a cup of coffee, but here goes. Wife and I just purchased a Raptor Velocity 4014LEV. The Fuzion's are a little fancier, however the bathroom plans didn't make sense to us. (See dictionary, Wife's not happy, no one is happy) The Velocity has the extreme weather insulation kit. We went camping this wekend for the first time, the low was 18 deg F. We never got cold.

If its all the little bells and whistles maybe the Fuzion TE is a better option. Our Fuzion dealer (or should I say non dealer, cause they are NOT willing to deal on prices) had a real standoffish attitude, which made me leary of buying and not having service/support after the sale. Our other local dealer which carries the Raptor line, went out of their way to deal with us, as well as having really good support after the sale. (2 neighboors have purchased Flagstaffs from the same dealer as the Raptor, and have had Zero issues getting warranty work performed to their complete satisfaction) If your local dealer carries both lines, well then I suggest walking through them several times onthe same day. We were really set to buy a Heartland Cyclone, but once we walked the floorplan and the Raptor 4014, we changed our mind. Good luck with whatever you purchase.
mrxlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
Kendo

Thanks for the replies.

It's really coming down to the little things. I really like the couch/dinette in the Raptor. I thought the sliding door (we really like that) would be an issue, but the door in the Raptor is so big, it still gives the same open feeling as the slider in the Fuzion. I was very impressed with the fit and finish on the Raptor, we looked at the Velocity edition. I'm not big on the graphics, but I could live with them.

We also looked at a Cyclone. It was falling apart!! I opened one cabinet and the hinge came out of the wood! One of the doors was slipping apart at the dovetail. Several of the cabinets had doors that hit one another when closed. Very disappointing.

I did learn something interesting. Apparently Thor Industries owns ALL of these companies. I know for sure they own Keystone, and the Cyclone dealer told me they just threw a lot of money behind Heartland. So they seem to be the major player in the toy hauler industry now. You can see it in all the similarities between the various units.

Right now it's going to come down to the small stuff for us. Pricing is important as well. Our local Raptor dealer threw a figure of $66k for the 300MP out there on Friday. Obviously that's a starting point - at least I hope so!!
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote