Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Htfiremedic

Water leaking above rear door

We were camping in the NC mountains last weekend. We were getting a good rain and my daughter noticed water running down the inside of the ramp door. Upon further investigation, it appears to be coming from above the ramp door. There is a steel bar across the top of the door frame. Water is coming from above it. Any ideas where to look on the outside?

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Steve -
Not an answer to your question but you might want to look at applying the EZE-RV Gutter System above the garage door. It is a flexible gutter molding held in place with 3M tape. It is available at CW in black, ultra white or off-white and comes in a 10ft roll for $30.

I've installed it above all the windows in our RV. It has stood up well and I think this might be worth considering to help prevent rain water running down into the door.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
ctpd814

I agree with Festus2. If you don't have a rain gutter above the door, add one. I have a rain gutter above my ramp door and have not had any leaking even during some very hard rain showers.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Htfiremedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpd814 View Post
I agree with Festus2. If you don't have a rain gutter above the door, add one. I have a rain gutter above my ramp door and have not had any leaking even during some very hard rain showers.

I will check on it Thursday. I am working a 48 at EMS for the New Year and I will not be home until then.
I live about 40 minutes from CW. I will go get some gutter and see if that solves the issue.

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
Ron

A piece of angle aluminum would work great, just like they have on cargo trailers etc. I would buy at least 1 1/2" to get the water away from the frame as much as possible, you can rivet or screw it onto the rear of the trailer, then caulk of course........Happy New Year and thanks for your service...
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
ctpd814

I would also check the seal to make sure that it has not been damaged or got something stuck in it allowing the water in.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
Htfiremedic

Thanks y'all!!! I am going to get the ole ladder out and see what will fit the bill. I just hate that the leak started. Kinda ticked me off. Out of nowhere, thank goodness it is at the door and not over the front!

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-31-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
ctpd814

I guess I should have read your original post a little better the first time. I now see that the water is coming in from above the inside door frame. I would check around the clearance lights, and the roof seem. I would also check the roof to make sure there are no holes or cracks.