Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Shogunles

New member and owner of a Bullet Premier 31BHPR

Hello all, new member. Just wanted to say hello and ask a couple of questions about my 2014 Bullet Premier 31BHPR. Which we love by the way! We use the heck out of all 3 of the travel trailers we have owned. And we I tent to use this one in the same way. Up and down the East Coast and no further than the Mississippi. A coast to coast trip is in the works in the next few years.

Anyway, there is only so much you can see wrong with your unit during the initial demo at the dealer. Not too much was noticed other than a few low point valves and U trap valves needed tightening. However, we are on our first trip with it to NC from NY and we noticed of all things that we do not have a toilet paper holder! I cannot imagine it would not come with one. Just the same I wanted to check in case it did not come with one.

Also, with the size of the unit, I anticipated stability issues. Which we are having. Just a slight side to side sway upon movement. I have the X-chock but it did not eliminate the issue. I was considering the Bal lock arm stabilizer or the Eliminator. I would rather get the Bal because of the price. But would of course go with the best product.

We have a few small issues with the unit after livi g it. Nothing major. Just small issues similar to the issues we first encou tered on our other units. They cannot be totally flawless.

Thank you to all of your input, tech help and opinions I have been reading prior to and after buying this unit. Made researching this unit ver easy to do. Be well and thank you for any help you can offer!
Shogunles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Shogunles -

You may have been surprised that your unit did not come with a toilet paper holder but you shouldn't have been --none of them do. Don't feel bad - Keystone did not leave you out of the loop! It seems that people prefer to buy a certain type and mount it wherever they think best. "Freedom of choice"???

Two other stabilizers which have received good reviews here are the Steadyfast and JT Strongarms. You might want to check those out.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
GaryWT

Welcome and congrats fellow 31bhpr owner. Yes no to holder, we bought a free standing one. We have camped all season without extra stableizers but started to look and buy this weekend. Bought one that goes under the frame by the door and will pick up one for the rear. It helped so we shall see.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
mom2budnbug

Our Bullet came with one, but nothing to attach it with. We just opted for a basket.
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Kristi

We also use a basket for the TP. We have 2 sets of BAL stabilizer bars and they have helped with the wiggle on our passport.

Sent from my iPad

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
Shogunles

Thank you for all of the information. Festus, I figured that they would not leave it out. That is why I asked before going into the dealer with my short list. Thank you for your help.

Kristi, so the Bal stabilizer seems to have worked out for you it seems. Did it stop all of the wiggle or just make it less noticeable? And did you just install the 2 it came with on the rear or from of the unit or buy 2 stabilizers and install them all around?

So I guess the towel bar is with the to holder LOL! There is a first time for everything.
Along with that, I would also assume that Keystone does not install a bypass on the hot water heater and not forgot my unit LOL! This is the highest priced travel trailer we have ever purchased. The other ones I have owned all had a bypass and a winterization kit on the water pump. These items are easy enough to install myself. It is just the point of the matter. I guess they are keeping production costs lower. Still, it does not change my opinion about the unit. Thanks you all for your help and for listening. Be well!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

Shogunles -

Guess what? You're right again. No bypass kit supplied.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #8
GaryWT

I have not looked at the pump or water tank yet as I have not wanted to remove the panels. Not sure what I will find but from what I read they use a one knob bypass so it is different than the norm. We shall see in a few weeks.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #9
zenbuck

Solved the bathrooms issues with a TP holder that hangs on the cabinet door, added a slip on plastic double hook at the top of the medicine cabinet to hang a towel and or the DW's hairdryer, added a self stick towel ring to the right of the mirror, and added a 6 hook hanger over the bathroom door....

Seems to cover all of the needs...

2014 Premier 31 BHPR
2011 Silverado 1500
zenbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #10
Kristi

Shogunles-

We bought 2 sets of stabilizers. They come with 2 bars in each set, we put 2 in front & 2 in back. I don't think anything will stop all the wiggle, but better chocks (we started with the cheapo plastic ones & upgraded to x chocks) & the stabilizer bars made a huge difference.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbuck View Post
Solved the bathrooms issues with a TP holder that hangs on the cabinet door, added a slip on plastic double hook at the top of the medicine cabinet to hang a towel and or the DW's hairdryer, added a self stick towel ring to the right of the mirror, and added a 6 hook hanger over the bathroom door....
Seems to cover all of the needs...
Be careful hanging a lot of weight off the bathroom door. The hinges are not very strong and we have had members report that their door facing separated from the frame because of weight from hangers such as you describe.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
zenbuck

Quote:
Be careful hanging a lot of weight off the bathroom door. The hinges are not very strong and we have had members report that their door facing separated from the frame because of weight from hangers such as you describe.
Wow.. Usually a towel or two hangs from them.. Have to keep it lightweight....thanks......

2014 Premier 31 BHPR
2011 Silverado 1500
Old 10-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

6 hooks with 6 wet towels can way a heck of a lot. I'm not sure I'd want that on my "fiberboard" doors at home, much less in the trailer with those lightweight glued together doors

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #14
Shogunles

Gary... What I got from other members and looking at my water heater is that you must add the bypass kit. Cheap and easy to do. Just wish it was already there for the price we paid. No worries.

Kristi... Thanks for the input. I am going to start with one kit(2 stabilizers) and see how it goes. I already have the X Chocks which already stopped the front to rear shaking.

Thank you for the advice on the to holders and towel bars. Those doors as stated cannot support much weight. So we will keep the weight to a minimum. I think I am going to screw a to holder under the GCFI on the vanity using a small nailer board. Or just go with a free standing one.

With all of the luxury upgrades on this unit compared to the other units we owned, we are just surprised that there was not a winterization kit on the pump or a bypass on the water heater. They really are not big money upgrades for Keystone to add and easy enough to do. And for myself to do.

Thank you for all of you informative posts.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #15
zenbuck

Found these 2 helpful vids for winterization tips... One is a Bullet Premier...

2014 Premier 31 BHPR
2011 Silverado 1500
Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

Another good source is the Keystone RV website. On the "customer service" home page, there is a series of videos. The second one is "winterizing your RV" some good "generic" information there.

http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-service

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
audio1der

Welcome to the family!
FWIW we keep only the 2 kids' towels on an over-the-door style towel hanger, and feel very comfortable with the weight.
I'm paying for our 2nd, and last, winterizing at the dealer tonight; he's showing me how to do it as he goes.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #18
Shogunles

Thanks for the welcome and the info. I always winterize all my previous TT myself. I cannot see spending $140 to do a half hour's work. Similar to replacing the in cabin filter in my vehicle. $20 for the filter and 10 minutes labor. Although the dealer would be more than happy to do it for $108. Rip off.

I was just surprised to see that there was not a winterization kit on the water pump or a bypass on the water heater after spending as much as we did on the unit. Being super anal, I usually blow out the lines and then add antifreeze. I know overkill. Just added insurance.

One question I have regarding the black water rinse or clean out on the unit. This is new to me. Do you usually blow this out? This is the first time using this appliance and what a great application it is! On my previous TT I used the Flush King. Which did the job and was the only appliance available to me. Just took a long time to use and it never got the tank as clean as it does now.

Thank you everyone for all of your help.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #19
CHIEF MK

Hey Shogunles, I recognized your user name from Titan talk. Welcome. I'm Dasmoeturhead in TT. You just got a new Bullet? Awesome.

The wife and I just bought a new 2014 Passport Ultra Lite Elite 23rb. First time owners of an RV. We are loving it. Just got back from a shakedown cruise to Fish Lake Oregon. It was great the Titan pulls hard. There is this one hill that is 10 miles long with a 5% grade. The Titan pulled the TT with no problems.

Anyway I just seen your name and wanted to say hey.

Tom
CHIEF MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #20
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunles View Post
Thanks for the welcome and the info. I always winterize all my previous TT myself. I cannot see spending $140 to do a half hour's work. Similar to replacing the in cabin filter in my vehicle. $20 for the filter and 10 minutes labor. Although the dealer would be more than happy to do it for $108. Rip off.

I was just surprised to see that there was not a winterization kit on the water pump or a bypass on the water heater after spending as much as we did on the unit. Being super anal, I usually blow out the lines and then add antifreeze. I know overkill. Just added insurance.

One question I have regarding the black water rinse or clean out on the unit. This is new to me. Do you usually blow this out? This is the first time using this appliance and what a great application it is! On my previous TT I used the Flush King. Which did the job and was the only appliance available to me. Just took a long time to use and it never got the tank as clean as it does now.

Thank you everyone for all of your help.
Many people blow it out, others use a hand pump and pump RV antifreeze into the line until they hear it in the black tank. Personally, I blow it out, then go under the sink and remove the antisiphon valve and store it with some other things we keep in the garage through the winter. That way, I know the valve won't freeze (unless the house freezes, that is).

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS