Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
nwfla

another vent fan thread

I have been eyeballing the maxxair deluxe for awhile.
Just finding it hard to bite the $ bullet.
How would just the vent covers work out, without powered fan? Enough to pass up the powered fan? I have 2 vents, one in kitchen and one in bathroom. 2 powered fans would be a lot of $. 2 maxxair 2 covers would be less than a cnote.
Just wondering if I would be spinning my wheels, and probably get the powered fan anyway due to "performance".
The heat here in the south can be brutal!
thanks for any words of wisdom, or otherwise.
nwfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
danimal

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish here unless you are boondocking in a more moderate climate. We live and camp in Florida as well and as you know, the A/C needs to be on nearly all the time. We have not boondocked anywhere yet. We have 2 vents both covered but not with maxxair covers that were installed before I purchased the trailer. They actually provide less ventilation than we got with our previous trailer that did not have vent covers. Like yours and most other trailers, the bath vent has a fan and the other does not. They do provide protection from rain went the vents are open for showering or when the trailer is parked at home and we are not using it. I am certain maxxair would do a better job than mine if you plan on boondocking in a more moderate climate. Also, I have read posts where folks forgot to close vents before travelling and had them ripped off while on the road so any type of vent cover would prevent this from happening.
2005 Keystone Hornet 245RKS
2008 Gulf Stream Trailmaster M220
Cobia 220 Walkaround w/Yamaha 200 OX-66 Fuel injection
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:43 AM   #3
labs4life

another vent fan thread

In my opinion, having the covers installed will not aid in ventilation at all. If anything, it might make it worse due to to the design. What it will do, is allow you to keep the vents open no matter what the weather is doing, ie raining. I did mot install the max air fan, but chose the Vortex. It has three forward speeds and 2 reverse and does well ventilating the bathroom. I have tried to use it "draw" air through the trailer, and it just doesn't have the power or the cfm's for that.
I have been very pleased with the performance of the an and would not hesitate to buy another.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #4
Charby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfla View Post
I have been eyeballing the maxxair deluxe for awhile.
Just finding it hard to bite the $ bullet.
How would just the vent covers work out, without powered fan? Enough to pass up the powered fan? I have 2 vents, one in kitchen and one in bathroom. 2 powered fans would be a lot of $. 2 maxxair 2 covers would be less than a cnote.
Just wondering if I would be spinning my wheels, and probably get the powered fan anyway due to "performance".
The heat here in the south can be brutal!
thanks for any words of wisdom, or otherwise.
I had the maxxair deluxe in my Visa, which had a Gel coated roof. It was easy to remove old vent and install. Performance was excellent and rain cover design did not allow any rain to enter. I now have a Bullet Premier 19FBPR and planning on installing a maxxair turbo fan in kitchen area. This will be on top on existing vent without removing existing vent. I connected wiring into the useless stove vent (now removed). I added a single light under microwave.
Charby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
eartha

Vent

I installed the Maxxair over the bathroom vent. I left the old vent fan in place and used its power for the Maxxair. By having it in the bathroom you do not get the noise. Just open a front window and it will pull air in. I don't use the other vent at all. It works great.
Happy Trails
eartha is offline   Reply With Quote