Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Adventurider

Fuzzion 310 Black Water flush??????

So, we purchased a 2012 unit used, and the prev owner knew nothing, seriously was way in over his head. That's why he got rid of it. As such, he couldn't really tell us how to use much of it and the dealer we went through doesn't deal with toy haulers etc and wasn't much help on the specifics of our unit.

Anywho, we're loving the thing so far. it's pretty much new, gas tanks were never used, compressor, never used etc etc.

The one thing i'm not sure on is the Black Water flush. I'm assuming the bottom hose fitting is for the flush, but am not sure.

Top is for Winterization
Second down is Fresh water and pressure fill.
Third is not marked????

Anyone tell me if my guess is correct? and do you use it like any other flush? Hook a hose to it and let er rip?
Adventurider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
Adventurider

Youtube is scary/funny and useful.

after an hour or so of searching, I found an obscure video that showed that the bottom fitting is in fact the black water. Tried it. it's plugged and heard water dripping out behind the fitting.

so did some searching and found that those are known to be defective. Sweet, I need more projects right? haha
Old 05-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurider View Post

after an hour or so of searching, I found an obscure video that showed that the bottom fitting is in fact the black water. Tried it. it's plugged and heard water dripping out behind the fitting.

so did some searching and found that those are known to be defective. Sweet, I need more projects right? haha
If the water is dripping right behind the panel where the black water flush connection is located, it sounds like either a loose fitting or possibly something is broken there. If there is a removable panel right there, take if off and see what you can see. Loose fittings can be easily tightened up. If the backside of the garden hose fitting is cracked or broken, it's a very easy repair.

If the dripping is up above in your bathroom, it's likely that the vacuum breaker/anti siphon device has failed. Search here on that item and you will find lots of discussion and solutions.

If the water is dripping from somewhere else, it might be a leak in a hose somewhere. That will take a bit more patience and searching to located.

Regardless of where the dripping is, you need to locate it and make sure that water does not get into the OSB flooring. The OSB will absorb the water and begin to swell much like a sponge. If that goes on for too long, then the OSB is weakened and rot or mold will get started.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
byrdr1

Could the leak be the blowback thing that is inside the sink cabinet or somewhere else on this rig. Mine is under the bathroom sink. it could have gotten froze?
just guessing
randy
i said blowback and its really a back flow preventer.

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
tileman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurider View Post

We have a 2012 fuzion 310. The bottom is black tank flush been using our for over 16 trips last year and never had a drip of water. And also have not heard about them being defective. Good luck we love ours
Old 05-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #6
crash

We have a Raptor and ours is the one on the bottom too and we use ours all the time without any problems.Good luck on your TH
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
Bigdogdodge

Keystone has been known to install the back flow preventor backwards, as they did in mine. I would check that first.
Bigdogdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
Adventurider

yup, Siphon valve is jacked and leaking. Talked to the Service dood, he has 3 in there right now with the exact same issue....i'm going to make a call to keystone. Let them feel some of my pain.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #9
Adventurider

Awesome, Keystone is going to cover the issue even though it's out of warranty. They know there's a problem. I would suggest that if anyone else has a problem, they push Keystone to fix and make it right.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
GaryBro

Black tank flush on Fuzion 310

I, too, have read much about the anti-siphon valve going bad. First use of the black tank flush this year sounded like water running somewhere, but thought that it was just flushing like it should. Shortly there after, I was greeted with water pouring on my feet. The valve had failed and put a significant amount of water in the underside storage (valve broke under the sink and the water followed the hose back down to the storage area). I had to remove all stuff from the storage area and take apart all the walls around the plumbing. Took quite a bit of time with heaters to dry out the area. With all the talk about bad valves and the cost of a new one, I decided to eliminate the tubing that ran up under the sink and just install a one-way valve (reasonable price from the hardware store) from the inlet panel to the black tank. Used it once and it seems to be OK. I don't see an issue with this, however, I've read some concerns that people have with this set up. I guess the main thing is that some think the sewage might somehow back up to the inlet.
2014 Sherco 250
GaryBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
patm

Question Black Tank Flush - Montana 3625RE

I am having a problem with the check value leaking in my 2013 Montana 3625RE. My check value is under my bathroom sink. It leaks only when I flush the black tank. We notified the dealer and they sent us a new piece. We installed but it still leaks. The dealer is sending another value. Is this a design issue or a defective value issue.
patm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
Festus2
Site Team

First, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, there is another thread which is currently on the forum about this topic as well as a myriad of other previous threads and posts about the black tank, the black tank flushing system and the black tank check valve.

I would suggest that you might want to browse through these using our forum search function and that will give you quite a comprehensive overview of the black tank and related topics such as the black tank flush valve.

Not trying to avoid answering your question but it has been asked and answered many, many times already.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
linebiker

Just changed out my check valve, mine leaked some for quite a while (possibly since new) but took me some time to pin point where smell was coming from. Bought one at a plumbing supply house that did not have a spring check that would not work. Tried another supply house that had the spring and I was good to go. Do not know how problematic these are but your not alone.

A test that worked for me was turning valve upside down and filling with water...if it leaks water it will leak gas. Hope your issue is taken care of.

Also found if flushing black water tank when bath roof vent was open it made stink in cabin. duh why did I not see that coming?

08 Raptor 299
06 Dodge 3500 Cummins Lone Star
B&W Companion 5th
linebiker is offline   Reply With Quote