Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
wareagle87

Ok, spent last hour searching for this problem and couldn't find anything to really help. Here's the issue:

I tried filling the fuel tank recently. I could not get any substantial gas in the tank without 3/4 of it gushing right back out. I have checked the vent (looks good between tank and fill), checked the fill hose (don't like the 90 at the tank, but I understand why).

Generator tank fills fine. Need to use the tank for generator tank while boondocking. Any help would be great, even if it is a "quick fix"

Sorry, this is on a 2011 FZ302
wareagle87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Bigreddmaxxx

I've had this happen and it was due to the slope of the pavement at the gas station. The trailer needs to be level, by how much I'm not sure, but if the fill side is lower than the other side, then there is a risk this might happen. If it happens, what I've successfully done is to pull the trailer onto a couple of my level blocks.
Bigreddmaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #3
crash

Sorry I cannt help you on this one ,We have a Raptor and have not had this problem yet
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
BigCajun

The vent is not large enough or the baffles in the tank are too tight. I've had this issue since new. I have to start filling very slowly, then progress as the tank pressurizes. The tank makes extremely loud popping noises as the thin metal expands. Loud enough to scare most bystanders. lol.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
T11ravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCajun View Post
The vent is not large enough or the baffles in the tank are too tight. I've had this issue since new. I have to start filling very slowly, then progress as the tank pressurizes. The tank makes extremely loud popping noises as the thin metal expands. Loud enough to scare most bystanders. lol.
Same deal with mine, it has gotten better each time I fill it up though.
WERA #13

'13 Raptor 300mp
'11 F350 6.7L CC DRW FX4
T11ravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #6
Heliumhel

My raptor does the same, I had to start filling slowly almost a trickle and gradually increase.
Heliumhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
abneynormal

ditto

its common they wont fill fast. I also recycle my fuel occasionally with the filling station to keep the pump working properly. oh btw warrr eagle class of 87 from down on the plains
abneynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
wareagle87

Just a little update. Those who mentioned having the fill on an angle were exactly right. I filled the aux tank with full gas pump flow with the trailer on a slight side angle. Thanks for all the help!!
wareagle87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel station, fuel tank