Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
wbatto

Fueling station on your Toy Hauler

Hello,
My wife and I just puchased a new 381 Fuzion. I won't be using the Hauler for any Toys that use gas. I ask the Dealer if I could use the fueling station for Diesel fuel for my tow vehicle. The dealer said they had never heard of anyone using it for that. My question is has anyone out there ever use their fueling station for this purpose.
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
KenBob

Don't think it would be a problem. Diesel is less flammable than gasoline and should not affect the tank, pump, or nozzle. Mark the tank accordingly and make sure to not put diesel in the generator fuel tank.

On the other hand, if you will be using the generator regularly, you can use the fueling station for extra fuel for the gennie.
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
Drew Waller

Fuel Station

Someone on this forum is using the one tank for fuel I don't remember who it was.

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
Vidorcom

fuel

My generator pulls fuel from that fuel tank. Don't think you would be able to.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
Drew Waller

Fuel tanks

The new toy hauler we just bought has 2 seperate tanks. The 3612 we had only had 1 tank to refuel the Toys with and run the generator.

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:27 AM   #6
rs1718

Don't think you can do it. The filler neckis made for a gas pump nozzle,diesel nozzle will not fit. Also, mine had some gas in it when I bought it probably to ensure pump worked. IMO the risk is not worth it bad things happen when gasoline and diesel mix. If you ever wanted to sell it may affect your resale
rs1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #7
Escs36

ULSD reeks havoc on a lot things not designed for ULSD including older generation diesel fuel system components. I would assume the pump with plastic gears will not last long. Call the pump manufacturer first. The tank can easily be drained, it probably has a drain built in, and the filler neck should be able to be fabricated to accommodate the bigger diesel nozzles. Diesel is hardly the dirty nasty oily mess it used to be. I like your idea but would do some homework first.

2013 Keystone Fuzion 301, Dual A/C's, Fantastic Fan 6600R, Upgraded stereo with an amplifier and subwoofer, Dirt Devil Central Vac, Dewalt pancake compressor, Black and Decker Space Maker Coffee maker, Cabinet above garage entry door, 5# mattress topper 2.5" thick
Escs36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:08 AM   #8
wbatto

Thanks for the Replys

I will contact the MFG of the pump before I try it. The gas issue worries me the most, because there is some gas in the tank right now due to the dealer checking the unit out for the walk-thru. I do think I could get the tank rinsed out. There are two tanks on my unit and the fueling nozzle would work becouse it is smaller than a diesel nozzle. If I try this I will repost and let you know the results. I am still not sold on the idea.

Thank for all your input
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
howdy
Permanent User Ban

I don't know if mine is the exception to the rule, but my pump is very slow. It would take forever to fill your auto/truck. It works fine for filling my quads and bikes because the tanks are so small.
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
Escs36

The fuel nozzles at the stations would not fit into the hole on the coach. My pump is also retarded slow, but fills my dirt bikes just fine.

2013 Keystone Fuzion 301, Dual A/C's, Fantastic Fan 6600R, Upgraded stereo with an amplifier and subwoofer, Dirt Devil Central Vac, Dewalt pancake compressor, Black and Decker Space Maker Coffee maker, Cabinet above garage entry door, 5# mattress topper 2.5" thick
Escs36 is offline   Reply With Quote