Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
glissa

Generator Exhaust - Rotting Rubber Hanger Fix...

Another quick tip/fix for your toyhauler...

I noticed very quickly upon getting our RV that the generator exhaust rubber hangers were more or less rotten and hanging on by a thread! So after roaming through my local hardware store I noticed a handful of parts that I figured I could use to "update" and fix my issue. I found 2 beffed up exhaust hangers, along with 2 exhaust U bolt clamps. I measured and bent the exhaust hangers to suit my needs and Tek screwed the hanger back up to the frame in the stock locations. Then I used the U bolt clamps to attach the exhaust pipe to the exhaust hanger. Please see pic below...

This has actually led me to another thought that I may end up looking into a little more. In order to quiet my generator exhaust down a little more, I may look into installing an old Can Am stock muffler that I have laying around. I slid it on with the generator running just to get an idea if it would fit and do any quieting of the exhaust and sure enough it knocked all of the "Put, Put, Put" noise out of the exhaust and quieted it right down to a mild purr. More to come on that...

Hope this helps some folks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	2480  
glissa is offline   Reply With Quote