Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
ROBCORDER

Raptor 3612 landing gear broken

I have a 2006 raptor 3612 and this last weekend the left side landing gear stopped working. The connecting rod to the right side jack broke off. It sheared off the end of shaft from the landing gear. Looks like I will have to remove the jack to repair or replace. Has anyone done this? Appears I will have to remove the generator to gain access to the mounting bolts. Am I correct and are there any secrets to this?

Thanks for the help
Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
hoffbrew

I have done this, happen to me about 3 months ago. I thought the same thing about the generator having to come out BUT this is not necessary. Remove the side wall in the storage behind generator, there a about 10 screws along the whole wall and you will have to remove all, all the way down. Now crawl into storage and you will see the hardware that holds that landing gear. Loosen up and drop, there are 2 "ear tabs" on the landing gear that hold it in place. This took me about 2 hours to do and was not fun. Local dealer had the new landing gear in stock for $300.00. If you have any questions feel free to post or PM me .... I hope it was retracted when broke?? Mine was not and had to pull it up through storage and was not calming.
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
ROBCORDER

thank you for the info, that sounds a whole lot better than removing the
generator. i assume your talking about the sheet metal box that surrounds the generator. I will have to take another look when i get home from work.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
hoffbrew

Once you remove the whole carpeted wall you will have access to landing gear. The sheet metal box will be exposed as well but there is no moving that out of the way. Good luck and let us know how it went. FYI... it is the sheer pin that holds the gear in place that more than likely broke and jamed everything up. I purchased a box of sheer pins and put back together but was still jamed. After talking to dealer mechanic I am not the only one so new landing gear fixed problem and off I went.....finally!
in my case...I was hooking up trailer at 11:00 am when this happened and finally left at 7:00 pm! waisted a lot of time driving to every auto shop tring to find the right size sheer pin. Now I know... pass it on!
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
Old 11-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
ROBCORDER

Thanks for the help. Took that front wall of the pass through storage off and it was right there. After removing the two bolts a took it out through the bottom. That was a bit of a chore to get the trailer high enough to clear it. Found it was much easier to put it back in from the top side. The repair to the jack was very easy once removed. I bought the rebuild kit from venture manufacturing for $41 including freight. Came with the drive shaft. Gears and bushings.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
hoffbrew

Fantastic! Glad you got it done. At least the other side will be a lot easier when it is time.
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually