Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
ncinthenext3

Bullet Premier 31BHPR

Hello - New to the forums. I just figured I'd do some checking around on this unit.

I've previously owned an 2004 Outback 28BHS so I was comfortable getting into another Keystone product. I needed to stay lightweight, being that my tow vehicle is a 2007 Yukon. The Premiers just caught my eye. Kids are older now so the bunk house slide was the way to go. I was sold on that big outdoor kitchen.

Driving about 200+ miles to pick it up this Thursday, and taking first little weekend trip this weekend.

Any feedback on the unit, tips etc. greatly appreciated. I hope I've made a purchase the family can enjoy for many years.
ncinthenext3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
Whohasucovered

Welcome... I picked up the same unit last July and absolute love it. Only problem for me is not enough time to enjoy it (yet)! Been on about 7 trips with it.

The outdoor kitchen was a big factor in the purchase for us as well and we are glad we did as we do 95% of our cooking outside. Had a few minor issues (blown fuses do to my own fault not hooking battery properly) but was able to resolve myself with help on this forum. A few other cosmetic issues that the dealer was quick to resolve for us. Only thing on my wish list that I think they should do is have the awning go all the way to the back of the unit to cover the outdoor kitchen area. The small lift up door doesn't offer a lot of protection and does drip water into the kitchen area if raining.

Aside from that, we really love the trailer and for the size of it it tows really well (with equalizer bars).

I know you and your family will enjoy it, happy trails!

Whohasucovered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #3
HappyCamperMN

We've had ours since May and absolutely love it. Mostly track with the same comments as Whohasucovered, minor issues repaired under warranty. Love the interior space. Really love the outdoor kitchen. I wish the outdoor kitchen had more storage (cupboard) space. We've used it 5 times so far, with three more trips planned this summer.

https://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...psyh8hlsyo.jpg
HappyCamperMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
GaryWT

I am into year 2 with mine and love it. We did 40 nights last year and are up to 21 so far this year. Tows great, easy to care for plenty of room. I live at the outside kitchen. Fixed a few things under warranty. Keep an eye on the caulking across the top of the front cap as I have had a couple cracks. Good luck and enjoy.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:18 AM   #5
GaryWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whohasucovered View Post
Welcome... I picked up the same unit last July and absolute love it. Only problem for me is not enough time to enjoy it (yet)! Been on about 7 trips with it.

The outdoor kitchen was a big factor in the purchase for us as well and we are glad we did as we do 95% of our cooking outside. Had a few minor issues (blown fuses do to my own fault not hooking battery properly) but was able to resolve myself with help on this forum. A few other cosmetic issues that the dealer was quick to resolve for us. Only thing on my wish list that I think they should do is have the awning go all the way to the back of the unit to cover the outdoor kitchen area. The small lift up door doesn't offer a lot of protection and does drip water into the kitchen area if raining.

Aside from that, we really love the trailer and for the size of it it tows really well (with equalizer bars).

I know you and your family will enjoy it, happy trails!
I would love the awning to be over the kitchen as well or at least over both doors. I guess they do have different size awnings but not sure of the largest one. If you order a new Premier I guess you have your choice. It does not look the greatest but I have a tarp which connects to the awning and trailer using Velcro and if I know we will be camping in the rain I put it up and then do not have to worry about the kitchen getting wet. It comes out as far as the awning and is 6-12 inches longer than the trailer. I have 2 poles on the end corners and we are good to go.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:12 AM   #6
Flabbytax

Full time in our 13' 32BHPR

We are loving our premier. We had a few small issues. We needed to rebuild the bunks due to inconsistent craftsmanship (some areas were spaced ok but there were several large gaps where we kept breaking through the luan). The outside kitchen is awesome and we have had little issues other than minor adjustments here and there. We have been living in it full time for almost 3 months now. No regrets yet!
Flabbytax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #7
Flabbytax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncinthenext3 View Post
Hello - New to the forums. I just figured I'd do some checking around on this unit.

I've previously owned an 2004 Outback 28BHS so I was comfortable getting into another Keystone product. I needed to stay lightweight, being that my tow vehicle is a 2007 Yukon. The Premiers just caught my eye. Kids are older now so the bunk house slide was the way to go. I was sold on that big outdoor kitchen.

Driving about 200+ miles to pick it up this Thursday, and taking first little weekend trip this weekend.

Any feedback on the unit, tips etc. greatly appreciated. I hope I've made a purchase the family can enjoy for many years.
We love the lightweight trailer, our 32BHPR weighs in under 8400 loaded up and it goes just fine with my 2012 Silverado reg cab short bed. We have the 5.3 upgrade with max towing package and can tow 8900. We towed from Mane to Idaho no issues!
Flabbytax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
Shogunles

I suppose there has to be one! I really do not like my 31 BHPR. I feel the quality in the materials used down to the workmanship is severely lacking, my opinion. However, my opinion is biased because I owned a Jayco Jay Flight TT before this one. And that TT was very well made and of higher quality. I wish I had never strayed from Jayco.

I have had several issues with my unit since owning it from September 2013. The most recent was the overhead cabinets above the pull out. I went to open the middle door, for it to fall off in my hand completely! And this is a door that rarely gets opened. It broke along the joint. FYI, these cabinets are ONLY glued at the joints in order to hold them together, that is it! My worry now is if the balance of the cabinets will fail in short time as this one did.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:57 AM   #9
GaryWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunles View Post
I suppose there has to be one! I really do not like my 31 BHPR. I feel the quality in the materials used down to the workmanship is severely lacking, my opinion. However, my opinion is biased because I owned a Jayco Jay Flight TT before this one. And that TT was very well made and of higher quality. I wish I had never strayed from Jayco.

I have had several issues with my unit since owning it from September 2013. The most recent was the overhead cabinets above the pull out. I went to open the middle door, for it to fall off in my hand completely! And this is a door that rarely gets opened. It broke along the joint. FYI, these cabinets are ONLY glued at the joints in order to hold them together, that is it! My worry now is if the balance of the cabinets will fail in short time as this one did.
It is funny in that we use to own a Heartland which had some issues. Last night a thread was talking about Jayco vs Heartland and some were saying stay away from Jayco as they are not made good. I always thought they were good even though I never had one. Now I have the Premier and it is so much better than the Heartland. I guess there is good and bad or lucky and unlucky with every brand.