Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
HandL

Wall Hanging

Hello all. We have just purchased a new 2014 Bullet 217 RBS. We took our first road trip last week just to bring it to storage and too see if everything actually works. We were happy that all of the lights electronics valves etc. were in working order. The only problem I have encountered is the pump had a leak. Looked like the dealer put the unit back out in the cold after we did our walk through. 6 and a half hours away so they are sending new one. Kind of a pain but they did not hesitate. Anyway the question I have is how to attach things to the walls..... Like towel bars, hooks, etc. Seems like plastic anchors or other "drywall" type fasteners would not be the best. I have heard using rivets are good but that would have to be permanent. Has anyone used the sticky tape? Does it hold after going over a pot hole? Thanks in advance for your wisdom.
HandL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #2
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandL View Post
Hello all. We have just purchased a new 2014 Bullet 217 RBS. Anyway the question I have is how to attach things to the walls..... Like towel bars, hooks, etc. Seems like plastic anchors or other "drywall" type fasteners would not be the best. I have heard using rivets are good but that would have to be permanent. Has anyone used the sticky tape? Does it hold after going over a pot hole? Thanks in advance for your wisdom.
I used the 3m Command hooks for everything or the command tape. I have all my pictures hanging with them. Nothing has fallen since they were placed on the walls.
I did use hollow wall anchors for my towel racks in the bathroom. any good hardware store should have these hollow wall anchors. Towel racks ride with two towels on each and never a problem. this is an interior wall..
Hope this helps.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
KanTC

OEM towel bars & etc use screws, so it shouldn't a problem as long as you're mindful of the screw length AND avoid areas where wiring, plumbing, & etc might be located.
Another inexpensive option is to use plastic over-door hooks inside the shower... have used this method in some of our smaller RV's (including out current Laredo)
to save space & keep hanging items out of the walk-way. Here's one example:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_339369-1783-...oks&facetInfo=

As byrdr1 does, we also use double-sided tape or 3-M adhesive strips (& photo hangers) for light-weight items. For heavier things, we like (industrial strength)
adhesive velcro. Never had any issues with anything falling... ummm, "knock on wood".

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
hckyplyr72

Wall hanging

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandL View Post
Hello all. We have just purchased a new 2014 Bullet 217 RBS. We took our first road trip last week just to bring it to storage and too see if everything actually works. We were happy that all of the lights electronics valves etc. were in working order. The only problem I have encountered is the pump had a leak. Looked like the dealer put the unit back out in the cold after we did our walk through. 6 and a half hours away so they are sending new one. Kind of a pain but they did not hesitate. Anyway the question I have is how to attach things to the walls..... Like towel bars, hooks, etc. Seems like plastic anchors or other "drywall" type fasteners would not be the best. I have heard using rivets are good but that would have to be permanent. Has anyone used the sticky tape? Does it hold after going over a pot hole? Thanks in advance for your wisdom.
Use short but quality wood screws. Behind the "wallpaper" is a thin layer of wood. Be careful of any wires, lines etc.. I tried 3M tape in our last TT and it would come off and rip the wallpaper. Go to Lowes etc and you can find a box of small screws that dont require pre-drilling. Have fun decorating!
hckyplyr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:04 PM   #5
jamesfamilytx

We've used 3M strips for lots of hanging stuff (pictures, small plaques, decorative crosses) and have had good results. We used little wood screws for a key rack and those worked great.

Beth and Dennis James
Austin, TX
2013 Bullet 248RKS
2011 Silverado 2500 HD
jamesfamilytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #6
HandL

Thanks everyone. Seems like sometimes you just need a little common sense. Great ideas. Can't wait for some decent weather..................
Old 02-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #7
DieselMatt

In addition to what these guys have used I've also used rivets. They worked well for some things, and not so well for others. It depended on the thickeness of the item I was attaching to the wall. Of course, I didn't put these on things that I would want moved one day. I used them for things like the toilet paper holder and towel racks.

TV - 2006 F250
TH - 2008 Fuzion 362

DieselMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #8
wbdvt

In a previous TT, I used plastic anchors with epoxy where I did not hit a metal stud. This was primarily on the Closetmaid wire shelving I installed for a pantry. Never had a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1973r.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	5163  
2014 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS
His & Hers 2016 Vespa Sprint 150's
wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #9
Kristi

X2 on the command hooks & command strips. They hold really well & are easily removable if you want to swap them out later.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #10
BirchyBoy

Do you take down the wall hangings, etc, when the camper is being moved between destinations or leave everything as-is?
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #11
dandjh1958

I love to decorate for the holidays and I use the command products to hang all my lights, hanging and ornaments. I usually just leave everything up during our trips from point A to point B and so far, nothing has come down during travel.
Also some bigger hooks I use for hanging heavier items have lasted two years now. I have only had one hook tip break off (tape stayed up) because the item I usually hung on it was too heavy.
Happy decorating!
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #12
HandL

Good question! Since we just purchased our first unit and we have not had the weather to take it out yet or to properly set things up we have not had the pleasure or surprise's to find out YET!!
Old 03-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #13
mom2budnbug

We have gone with Command 3M hooks. We have photos haning on the wall using 3M hook and loop tape. They stay in place and do not need to be removed when moving.
http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M...4529207&rt=rud
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote