Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #21
gmtech1

went out for first time with new trailer used the grill the only concern is the side of the camper gets really hot,don't know if i should keep using it,possibly causing damage to the side of the trailer plus there are decals in that location.Has anyone used them for a long period of time.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
Rico'sRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlCorr View Post
This is the best place to order parts.

http://www.grillparts.com/weber/Q200.asp

If you buy this hose http://www.grillparts.com/weber/Q200...oduct_id=41455 you don't have to make any modifications. One end attches to the fitting you would attach the small bottle to and the other to the tank. Lowe's carries them also, about $18
Rico'sRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #23
bigbirdtx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlCorr View Post
Looks like I'm going to eat crow on this one. For the first time, this past weekend, I used my Weber Q alone with the quick connect hose that I always used on my last 5'er with no problems, and yes, I couldn't cook anything. I had extremely low flame, the wind kept putting it out. Looks like I'll be removing the regulator on my Weber.
Wonder if your old FW had a high pressure line that you were hooking into?
bigbirdtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #24
Tunagrande

New Grille

I wasn't impressed with the grille that came with my new 300RB either.
Ended up replacing it with a stainless steel Sportsman from Lowe's.
Other than the gas line changes, I use a pair of "T" hinges bolted to the BBQ mount and bolts and wingnuts to attach the grille.
If anyone wants more info, yell and I'll post pictures.
Tunagrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunagrande View Post
Other than the gas line changes, I use a pair of "T" hinges bolted to the BBQ mount and bolts and wingnuts to attach the grille.
Post the pictures, there's always someone looking for a better way, maybe your pictures will inspire even further innovation.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:05 AM   #26
PT RV`er

I did like a few others have done. I removed the grill mount and use a Weber Q with the collapsible table. I wasn't to thrilled to be standing in the back of the rig grilling. I bring a small smoker with me as well so I like to set up my outdoor kitchen close the front door. The grill mount actually was in my way for my bike rack. And I use the Auzzie grill at my house in another outdoor set up.

PT RV`er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #27
zuley

Jeeze guys, I had been using my Sea-B-Que from my boating days on our previous camper. New camper last summer came with the swing out bumper mounted bracket and the 39 dollar China made que included with the deal. Was going to immediately adapt the SBQ to the new bracket. Was hoping to be able to use the old bracket that held the que to the back of the boat and mcgivor it to the new bracket. For whatever reason tried out the new que and loved it. As cheap as it is it gives off a great heat and works well. Can't see it lastting any more than a year or two but in the mean time we are quite happy with it.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

Same with us, Zuley. I was concerned that the Aussie grill that was standard with our Cougar would be a problem since so many were complaining about low temps, blowouts, not cooking properly. We tried ours, the first 30 minutes or so it stunk like new paint (to be expected), and when I checked the temp was about 600-650. I thought, OK, lets try this. I let it cool, oiled the grills and sprayed the inside with PAM. Lit it, in about 3 or 4 minutes it was over 600, I put a couple of steaks on it, seared them, turned the grill down because it was too hot. It cooked them with no complaints. So far, everything we've tried from potatoes to chicken, pork and beef it's been OK. Maybe not as great as the $1000 monster on our back deck, but certainly good enough to enjoy.

I did relocate the propane quick disconnect. It was on the road side, under the trailer about 18", I extended about 1 foot, put a 90* elbow on it and ran it to the curb side with 1/2" black iron pipe. Now the QD is right beside the grill just in front of the rear bumper. Much easier than crawling under the trailer to connect the "almost too short" propane line.

Like you, I'm satisfied with it "for what it is"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #29
Cubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunagrande View Post
Post the photos. Looking for some ideas.
Cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #30
CHIEF MK

I must be easy to please, because or Aussie grill that came with our 23RB works like a champ. The trailer came with the bumper mounted grill rack on the right side of the trailer, and the gas valve comes out the back on the right side.

The grill is not under the canopy in no way,and the back wall of the trailer doesn't get hot, and I honestly don't know how it ever could unless the grill caught on fire.

We've used it probably 10 times , and although it is small. it's about perfect for the 2 of us. Last week cooked up some nice T-bones a and some jalapeno bread. The DW made up a salad, and we were living high on the hog.
CHIEF MK is offline   Reply With Quote