Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
joestaz

Question Back up camera

Anyone use the Voyager wireless back up camera on their toyhauler. Wonder how it works with a 40' 5ver to their truck. Ad advises good up to 60'. Just wondering.

Joe
Retired
joestaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
jram116

Our new Fuzion 404 came with the BOYO VTC700R rear camera. I can't speak for Voyager, but the Boyo works well as a back up camera. Going down the road using it to check behind you or to see if anyone is coming up beside you is another story. I guess trying to receive the wifi going 60 mph and covering just over 65' is asking a bit much. GL hopefully someone with a Voyager will respond.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old Toys
2010 Montana 3750FL
2004 Sunny Brook TT
jram116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Albert

I have a voyager wireless camera installed and it works very well. It is he higher end model that also has ports for two hard wired cameras. I use one of the hard wired ports for a camera mounted at the tailgate.

You can buy a antenna extender that replaces the one in the wireless camera. It has about 6-8 feet of coaxial cable screwed to it so you can move the antenna closet towards your vehicle if you are having reception problems. I did not need it.

On occasion while moving down the road I might have an interrupted signal for a few seconds, it occurred about 3-4 times on a thousand mile trip. The picture is also a little jurkey and not a smooth as the hard wired one but very acceptable to me.

Good luck.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
Aklak

I use the Voyager (5" monitor) on my Fuzion 405, which the specs say is 39'3" in length. Works well for it's intended purpose, no issues or complaints at all, but does not work while travelling down the highway.
Aklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
Trkworm2

Voyager

Just installed a Voyager in my 2010 Fuzion 405, and it works like a champ. No fuzzines, weak signal signs, or anything. Mic works well also, so I keep volume down.

With WiSight, it pairs directly to camera, so you don't get outside interferrance like 2.4 gh systems.

Well worth the money. Anyone know of one for sale used? Looking for one for a friend too

Thanks
Trkworm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:54 AM   #6
matandjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jram116 View Post
Our new Fuzion 404 came with the BOYO VTC700R rear camera. I can't speak for Voyager, but the Boyo works well as a back up camera. Going down the road using it to check behind you or to see if anyone is coming up beside you is another story. I guess trying to receive the wifi going 60 mph and covering just over 65' is asking a bit much. GL hopefully someone with a Voyager will respond.
We have the same one. Seems to work well for what we needed. Will probably cause me to want to upgrade so I can place a camera in the garage to watch the bikes as well.
matandjen is offline   Reply With Quote