Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #21
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lockwood View Post
I don't have any true weights of the truck with the hitch, but with a full tank of fuel and two of us inside, the truck weighed 8,400# at the county recycle center when I unloaded.

I'm guessing that the weight as has been said of the B&W companion is about right, 75# for the upper and around 125# for the base. I had no issues with the top part lifting it off and I was more than able to pull the base straight up the 6" to get the lower pin our of the bed.

So without any other items I'm going to be close to 8,600# with full fuel on the RAM.

It's going to be late winter or early spring before I get a CAT scale weight slip, but I will do the full up and then unhooked for the truck alone, why not...

I do appreciate all the input and discussions. I'm learning a LOT on this forum, thanks and have a great weekend...
You might squeeze within numbers depending on how the TH is loaded. Will be looking for weights in the spring.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #22
mikz86ta

I have never seen any RV manufacturers post their 5ers or TT with the recommendation TV. Except recently they try to market some as 1500 truck compatable. But even most of those you are best suited towing with a 250/2500.
The salespeople will try to convince you into what they need to sell you. Lol
Some decent salespeople will steer you good.

Just have to research before you buy....overkill your TV or buy a different RV. If you got a TV already, you would buy a well within spec RV.

You got what you got now...go weigh your setup
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:24 PM   #23
CaptnJohn

4300# for a 2012 is not bad at all. However the newer you go payload magically increases. My 2019 F350 diesel dually 4x4 Lariat has a payload of 5598 on the sticker. Truck and trailer combined scaled at 25,220 loaded for 3 month snowbird trip. Have not weighed the truck separately yet. No rush as I know I'm under all numbers.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:55 AM   #24
Roscommon48

Dan, you are over thinking this thing.

You have a one ton dually and you will do just fine. At some point you can look at a newer truck if you want but you'll be fine at this point...
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:52 AM   #25
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscommon48 View Post
Dan, you are over thinking this thing.

You have a one ton dually and you will do just fine. At some point you can look at a newer truck if you want but you'll be fine at this point...
I agree load it up drive over cat scale get your weigh and drive off you will have 4 weighs on the yellow sheet . With my tv the drive axle is documented on the white sticker driver door jam and if the pin weight from the toyhuler comes in under which will be the drive axle weight shown on the certified yellow cat sheet . I was reading IRV2 toyhualer weights forum a guy with big Razer in the garage would take 900 lbs of the pin weight and add 2 k to the trailer axles . I assume he did the load and unloaded the garage.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote