Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
dmcc625

Grey Tank Issue

I’ve solved several issues with the help of this forum...so going to give it another shot before I tear into underbelly. Have been using this camper for a year or so, and no tank issues. Camper is a 2017 Fuzion 369 and has 3 tanks..2 grey and 1 black. Grey tank hooked to kitchen will not drain. I’ve removed air valves (no help) I have exhausted all I know to do from above the camper. When grey dump valve is pulled, I get a trickle of water for a short time. It’s possible that the valve has separated from the cable pull, but it doesn’t feel any different from when it was working. When I pulled off sewer cap after arriving home, it had a whooshing sound, like sucking air. I consider myself a halfway decent plumber, electrician, and carpenter but this one has me stumped. If I have to drop the underbelly to get to valves I will, I was hoping for a simpler solution(s) to try before dropping the coroplast which means dropping spare tire, carrier, and couple of gas lines.
Things I think I know about the tanks..
1. Kitchen, shower, bath sink hooked to one grey tank???
2. 2nd grey tank is hooked to washer and dryer???
3. Shower should back up before kitchen sink If above is true?..
Does anyone know what hooks to which tank. It may be that kitchen hooks to 2nd grey tank. I’m not really sure. The panel says grey tank 2 is full, but this not ever been very reliable. If the tank I’m having an issue with is 2nd grey tank...then that valve is easy to get too as it is below underbelly, it there is no water at that valve. If it is that tank then it’s at tank outlet, I’m guessing.
Edit: I removed grey tank valve that was exposed and no water or blockage at the valve. I ran a snake up that line as far as I could and found no blockage.
Thanks for any help in advance.
dmcc625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
CaptnJohn

Someone may come along with the same model as you and very likely can tell what drains into which tank. Not always the case! My main bath goes into 1 gray tank, the kitchen and 1/2 bath sink into the other. Each bath has it's own black tank. The clothes washer dumps into the 1/2 bath black on my 5er and the same model owned by another it dumps into the gray.
1st I'd do is get the sewer adapter that has a hose connection and try back flushing. The Amish Craftsman that cut the hole in that tank may have left the cutout piece in the tank. Now it is a blockage.
EDIT ~ your edit and my post at the same time.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #3
Customer1

I'd give something like this a chance before I start taking things apart.

If the valve isn't opening it will do nothing. If it is blocked it should knock it loose.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:10 AM   #4
Archergodwin

Looking at the specs for your rig, it only shows 1 black and 1 gray tank. You sure you have 2 grays? .. Maybe that underbelly drain is for the washer and why it's always dry?

It says you have 1ea 88gal gray tank. I'll bet your shower, bathroom sink, kitchen sink all dump into it, and the underbelly is only a direct drain for your washer...?

Now, my '09 403 Fuzion does have 2 40gal tanks for gray, and I've verified that. One for the bathroom and one for the kitchen, while the washer bypasses the kitchen tank.

Maybe double check to make sure you actually have 2 gray tanks.
Full-time in my Fuzion since 2011
USAF Vet. B-52G Crewchief.
Archergodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:59 PM   #5
dmcc625

That’s a good thought...never occurred to me that other pipe may just be straight from washer dryer. Thanks for that response
Old 11-18-2019, 06:08 PM   #6
Archergodwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcc625 View Post
That’s a good thought...never occurred to me that other pipe may just be straight from washer dryer. Thanks for that response
Open the drain up, and have your SO pour some water down the washer drain pipe inside.. that would probably help confirm it
Old 11-18-2019, 06:28 PM   #7
dmcc625

That’s exactly what we just talked about doing. Thanks. That will at least let me verify my tanks and if I have go into the underbelly, I can go into the right spot. Thanks
Old 11-21-2019, 05:57 AM   #8
Archergodwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcc625 View Post
That’s exactly what we just talked about doing. Thanks. That will at least let me verify my tanks and if I have go into the underbelly, I can go into the right spot. Thanks
dmc, what's the verdict?
Old 11-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #9
dmcc625

I’m out of town until Monday. Will get to it then and let you know. My son is playing a football game in FL
Old 11-21-2019, 05:51 PM   #10
bobbecky

If you have had this rig for that long, have you ever pulled a second drain valve for the galley tank? On a lot of these rigs, there is a separate valve pull handle attached to the frame in front of or behind the axles that drains the galley tank. You have to reach it from below the J-wrap and may be hard to locate.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #11
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archergodwin View Post
Looking at the specs for your rig, it only shows 1 black and 1 gray tank. You sure you have 2 grays? .. Maybe that underbelly drain is for the washer and why it's always dry?
Now I'm dying to learn why the control panel says gray tank 2 is full.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:33 PM   #12
dmcc625

It only has the 3 valves... 1-black and 1 grey in compartment area and then the one grey valve under frame. I’m gonna do some checking Monday to see what exactly that use frame valve is for. It may be direct for washer/dryer
Old 11-26-2019, 01:44 PM   #13
dmcc625

I would like to say that I am not a dummy�� I have fought with this issue for a week or so. I decided to cut in the underbelly to inspect the valve cable. I only cut a small hole to get to it. Had my wife pull the cable to see if valve was working. Valve was not working on cable pull so I thought I had the issue resolved....decided to cut a little bigger hole to replace the valve. After cutting the hole...I noticed 2 cable pulls going to valves followed them with my hand and �� one of them led to the 3RD dump valve that was RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE and HAD NEVER SEEN BEFORE. Long story short, I was certain I had a clog, or something, but NOPE it was the HIDDEN VALVE HANDLE that I have read about so many times before on here and was SURE I didn’t have so anyways thanks for all the responses, I should have listened sooner. For future 2017 Keystone Fuzion 369 owners. My camper has 2-grey tanks( one for shower and bath sink and one for kitchen sink, 1- blank tank , and washer combo is straight piped to a dump valve with no tank. Thanks again for the help.

Tags
tank