Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2019, 04:25 AM   #1
German Shepherd Guy

Talking 3 seasons of camping...in one week.

Took the 26RBPR out for its first long dry camp. Not totally dry as we did have access to a 20amp receptacle. 7 days, six nights. Ran out of fresh water on the last day, which was perfect. The two grey tanks worked very well and the black tank was far from full. First two days temps were in the high 70s low 80s. Then it snowed! Heavily. Temp dropped to 15 that night. Had the furnace on but water froze in the bathroom. Kitchen sink was OK. started running the hot water occasionally, which was not frozen, and soon (within an hour) cold water was restored to the bath and toilet. Heavy snow that day and it got MUDDY as the temps began to rise. By end of fifth day temps were in the low 50s. Last day sunny, full moon, and highs in the 70s low 80s. Mud gone.

Several insights. The outdoor kitchen, is problematic when temperatures drop to well below freezing. There is a sink and faucet out there. I need to find the water supply lines to it and put shut off valves on them well inside the heated area of the camper. I am going to do the same for my hot & cold supply lines to the outdoor "shower".

My slide out on the north side got covered with heavy snow. Even the higher temps of the last two days did not melt it off. I would not have been able to retract the slide as it was covered with an ice block. My tow vehicle is a box truck so was useless for climbing up on to to get at the ice. Nice camper nearby allowed me to pull their PU close and by standing on the bed rails I was able to get above it and move the ice off with a broom. Next time out in this season will now include a ladder of appropriate length. I truly would not have been able to retract the slide.

My 30 gallon LP tank ran the Fridge, the hot water heater, cook stove and the furnace just fine for the week and did not run out. Never had to switch to the second tank. All-in-all, very satisfied with the 26RBPR.
Will spend today unpacking and tomorrow winterizing as a storm is coming on Thursday.

Oh and the dogs did well. It was the German Shepherd National Dog Show, where we were herding sheep, tracking, and conformation showing.

Oak

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Sounds like you had a good time overall. Did the dogs get any awards?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:57 AM   #3
Canonman

I think you might have been at the Ridgway State Park. We were up in the Elk Ridge section as of Monday last week. Mornings were way cold for a few days for sure. Not to mention the wind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL6761-HDR.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	24060  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:34 AM   #4
German Shepherd Guy

Yes, two of my dogs were awarded PAMs (Performance Award of Merit) That means they have advanced degrees in at least three disciplines. In their case Advanced Herding Degrees, Advanced Rally Degrees, and Advanced Agility Degrees. Thanks for asking.
Proud Oak

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote