Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2018, 11:56 AM   #1
randl

2017 Fuzion 371 shower door adjustment

Can anyone tell me how you adjust the triple slide shower door on a Fuzion 371? We just got her Sept. of last year no one said you got 90 days to have thing adjusted. Anyways my dealer says thats just a simple adjustment but we cannt show you how to do it. Hoping someone on here can tell me. Thanks
randl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:08 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

You have a one year warranty period. If the shower door isn’t operating properly it is a warranty issue. If you don’t want to mess with the dealer, what brand/model is it and I’ll look it up.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:16 PM   #3
randl

Its a Keystone Fuzion 371 2017. I called Keystone and they said all adjustments was just covered for first 90 days.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Keystone is correct in stating that the adjustment is only for the first 90 days. This is on page 10 of the Keystone Owner's Manual in the "what is not covered" section: "• Adjustments to all doors, drawers, locks, latches, slide outs, awnings and window treatments beyond 90 days after retail sale;"

That said, if the door should break, it is covered for the entire one year. That's a "fine line" between the dealer doing the right thing and fixing the door vs doing the "book thing" and ignoring his customer's problem.... What the dealer does will give you an indication of how you'll be treated in the future (and more importantly), where you should spend your money in the future.... I'd be sure the dealer understands that......

The brand and model of the shower door is what chuckster will need to look up how to adjust it. There are several different brands in each model and each year of trailer, so if you can find a decal or a sticker (probably on the metal extrusion) it would be helpful. Also, what is the door doing that makes you feel it is out of adjustment?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

I'll second what John said.

It is inconceivable to me that you have a new trailer, the shower door is out of adjustment, you bring it to the dealer and they tell you it only had a 90 day warranty on the adjustment so they say "it's a simple procedure but they can't tell you how to do it !!"

I'm afraid you've seen a glimpse of the way you will be treated in the future unfortunately. Any dealer worth their salt would have at least told you how to adjust it; many would have let you bring it in and did it themselves because you're their customer. You need to visit them with a little more "agitation".
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #6
randl

IT's at the dealers now there was other things wrong too. just talked to them today that's when they told me it wasn't covered. But said its just a 10 min fix. I asked them if some could tell how and i'ed fix it. said they couldn't do that. I'll be letting them know how i feel
Old 03-13-2018, 01:07 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Your decision, of course, but if it were me, I'd make absolutely certain the guy at the top who signs every paycheck for that dealership knows "EXACTLY" how I felt about that kind of treatment.... He'd hear the words from me that his service department's lack of concern for my investment will definitely be a major consideration in where I purchase services and products in the future. Before I left his office, I'd know his plans for how to treat me and my future spending at his facility. YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by randl View Post
IT's at the dealers now there was other things wrong too. just talked to them today that's when they told me it wasn't covered. But said its just a 10 min fix. I asked them if some could tell how and i'ed fix it. said they couldn't do that. I'll be letting them know how i feel

The fact that it's in the shop already and they refuse to do a 10 min. adjustment on a new trailer you bought from them boggles my mind; it's worse in this situation.

As I've said many, many times, when someone with a "position" tells you something that you know isn't right (and this isn't right) you need to keep pushing doors open (if necessary) until you reach the top. If the top guy is the reason the rest of them have that attitude you're out of luck unfortunately unless it is a chain like CW with another hierarchy beyond the store. Good luck.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion