Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #16
AbHDToyHauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsb View Post
just got home from a trip of over 4000 miles. parked the truck in the driveway and next morning started it up to move it. It started up as all ways then loped a few times and died. It would not start back up, acted like the starter was dragging or batteries were dead. I checked the batteries , checked the oil to see if fuel had drained into oil, checked coolant for possible leakage into cylinders, every thing good. I had a tow truck take it to the Ford dealer. Forst thing they said is dropped a injector and is hydro locked. great news I love spending money on this diesel. They called to day and said they found the problem, a/c compressor was locked up and chocked the motor down and would not let it turn over fast enough to start. Not cheap but so much better than motor problem. never seen one do that . it is a 2003 F450 with a 6.0 now you know what I mean about spending money on the motor.
He said it did start then loped a few times then died and wouldn't restart. In my experience a seized a/c pump would cause belt to scream and smoke but shouldn't drag a running engine down to the point where it would stall? And if it can. Well I don't see how you could haul anything with that motor. My two cents from experience.
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote