Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #1
Dave B

Wiring for new thermostat

I'm not sure which forum would be most appropriate for this, but I'll give it a go.

We want to exchange our old analog Dometic furnace thermostat that controls the furnace and one A/C unit with a newer digital one. My wife did some online research and came up with the CTC Digital Thermostat model 43054. According to the reviews, numerous folks had installed these in their travel trailers and were satisfied with them.

When I went to install it I found that the wiring in the trailer didn't match at all anything I found in the installation manual. This morning I spoke with a tech services rep at CTC who tells me that this model is only for 24 volts and it doesn't work in travel trailers.

I'm a little confused about all this since others claimed it worked just fine, but then I'm really ignorant about how these thermostats work.

If there are any furnace gurus out there is appreciate your thoughts.

Just for the sake of the conversation, our Dometic panel is labeled (from left to right): +7.5, Cool, Fur, Hi Fan, Fan and Grnd. The CTC panel is labeled: R, G, W, Y, Rh/B and Rc/0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring