Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
vallboss2

Slides noisey & jerking

As if we don't have enough problems with our new Alpine 3600RS. The slides make a horrible noise when opening and closing. The kitchen slide makes a jerking noise like it is dragging on something. The bottom pulls before the top making the slid not pulling in level with the slide jerking.

DoeS anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
Terry W.

I,m guessing you slides are hyd. driven and you have slide toppers. The hyd pressure takes the easiest path, the slide that move easiest. The slide toppers hold pressure on the top of slides while the hyd pressure push the bottom out. Personaly I use slide seal/treatment on the seals often. I also use a DRY lube on the lower roller and tracks. Dry lube to not collect dust & dirt.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
vallboss2

No Toppers. We have only had the unit since August and it has been in the service department at Johnson RV three fourths of the time. We have used it twice. They say there is nothing wrong that they were heavy and would make noise.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
shov

I also have a 3600RS, i do notice my slides while being retracted the top and bottom arent being retracted evenly but i wouldnt say they are noisey tho. The top and bottom kinda of walk in if that makes sense, but this is my first rv with hydraulic slides. would like to hear more about your issues, either here or by PM

Sent from my iPad
shov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #5
vallboss2

We have numerous issues and I will have them posted later this afternoon.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Possible to post a cell phone video of what you're experiencing? Something you consider excessive, might be normal. This would give forum members a chance to see/hear the same thing you are.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
Terry W.

Is your Alpine sitting level fwd/aft & left/right? Is the hyd tank full when slide retracted about 1" from the top. Are you plug into shore power or using only battery power.
Pickens, SC
Old 12-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vallboss2,

What in the world does all of this have to do with your slide being noisy and jerking?

Maybe if you address one issue at a time you'll get some help in diagnosing and repairing your problem, but to "spew" all those issues only serves to turn your thread about the slide problem into a general gripe thread and is not focusing on your slide problems (which was the center of this thread). Maybe redirecting your attention to the slide might be in order?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
Steve S

I'm sorry for all your problems but are you being polite to them or shouting like you are here?
It seems like the dealer should be doing something about this but there's always two stories.
Steve S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:47 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallboss2 View Post
For your info a member ask what issues we had with the alpine. This is a list of the issues from when we bought the unit until now. They have been "addressed" and supposedly repaired. They were not all at one time. I am not spewing, just stating facts.
If you want to repost your list of issues with your Alpine, start a new thread in the "Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues" section. That's the appropriate place to post a combined list of all the problems. If you do decide to post that list, in all fairness, please also include what the dealership/Keystone has done to repair each of the problems. It's difficult to get a clear understanding of what is wrong if you complain (for example) about a piece of trim not being attached and when you took the Alpine in for service, they fixed that trim on the first visit. If you leave that "vital information out" it clouds the reader's conception of what your RV really looks like. So, I urge you to provide the bad, but also provide the "good" .....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:47 AM   #11
Terry W.

Is your Alpine sitting level fwd/aft & left/right? Is the hyd tank full when slide retracted about 1" from the top. Are you plug into shore power or using only battery power.

In regarts to my post if the unit is not level the slides could be binding causeing the jerking & noise. if it low on fluid it could be jerking as it is trying to get enough fluid to make the hyd pressure to move the slide. if he is using just battery power and it is now fully chargedit might not be building enough pressure. Any combination could be cause problems. Just m2$w. I'll be quite now
Pickens, SC
Old 12-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #12
vallboss2

FOR YOUR NFO THE I REALIZE ALL THE PROBLEMS DON'T RELATE TO THE SLIDE, BUT I WAS ASK BY ANOTHER MEMBER TO LIST ALL PROBLEMS. ALL ISSUES HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED WHETHER PROPERLY OR NOT. I WAS NOT SPEWING, JUST TELLING THE ISSUES AND YES, THE DEALER IS AWARE AND SO IS kEYSTONE. I REFUSE TO NOT TO BE HONEST ABOUT THE PROBLEMS WTH OUR ALPINE. EVERYONE MAY NOT HAVE THESE ISSUES AND THAT IS GOOD IF THEY DON'T, BUT WE DID!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #13
turbopilot51

Quote:
As if we don't have enough problems with our new Alpine 3600RS. The slides make a horrible noise when opening and closing. The kitchen slide makes a jerking noise like it is dragging on something. The bottom pulls before the top making the slid not pulling in level with the slide jerking.

DoeS anyone else have this problem?
I also had issues with the kitchen slide in our Alpine 3500re. The slde would jerk and make a horrible noise going in or out. After several trips to the dealer with no luck I made a video on YouTube. That got everyone's attention. What the dealer found was construction debris binding the slide movement. The other issue is there is only one hydraulic ram on the kitchen slide so the movement will not be as smooth as the larger slides. Add this to the heat pump and refrigerator problems snd the first year saw allot of trips to the dealer for warranty work.
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #14
vallboss2

Thank goodness someone is nice and willing to say alpIne is not perfect!
Problems arE expected, but you as a consumer expect cooperation from keystone and the dealer. All issues with our alpine were supposedly repaired, but everytime the dealership fixed a warranty problem , they created another with poor workmanshp. Half of the issues were with dealer and the other half with keystone.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #15
turbopilot51

Quote:
Thank goodness someone is nice and willing to say alpIne is not perfect!
Problems arE expected, but you as a consumer expect cooperation from keystone and the dealer. All issues with our alpine were supposedly repaired, but everytime the dealership fixed a warranty problem , they created another with poor workmanshp. Half of the issues were with dealer and the other half with keystone.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your welcome.
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #16
vallboss2

Moved to keystone service & warranty

The list of issues has been moved keystone service & warranty.