Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 03:47 PM   #21
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
But, to each his own. Like car and trailer parameters they all have a place and some mean more than others to different people. I wouldn't fault anyone for considering the speed rating of an ST tire.....as long as the load range took precedence in the consideration. IMO
So, I sort of forgot an ingredient in my stirring. Yes, load range should always takes precedence for a trailer tire, then speed rating. As a former anal engineer, I love my factors of safety.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
Old 03-15-2018, 04:29 PM   #22
Frank G

The Provider tires as provided on our Laredo fifth wheel and supplied on many quality Keystone products are speed rated "M" or 81MPH, ST235/80r16E, at 80PSI. No one ever talks about Provider tires failures, are there any? They are made in China so they must be bad! Everything I read on this forum leads me to that conclusion. Maybe I should change them out to feel good inside and make every one on the forum happy.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
The Provider tires as provided on our Laredo fifth wheel and supplied on many quality Keystone products are speed rated "M" or 81MPH, ST235/80r16E, at 80PSI. No one ever talks about Provider tires failures, are there any? They are made in China so they must be bad! Everything I read on this forum leads me to that conclusion. Maybe I should change them out to feel good inside and make every one on the forum happy.
Are you asking for opinions or just announcing that your trailer came with "quality Provider tires"?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-15-2018, 05:28 PM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
Maybe you should! Not because it will make anyone on the forum "happy" but maybe....just because? Have you done your due diligence on the "Provider" tires? Do you know what factory they come from in China? The actual manufacturer? Have you looked at the code on the tires? Their history (NHTSA)? Do you actually know "anything" (that you should have already found out) about them other than to zap the forum? Those things lie on you....not the forum members that try to help with their experience and/or opinions?

IF you search the forum you will find that, yes, "China bombs" are not liked and are removed. And, IF you search, you will find that those brands have been identified, and, yes, the factories and provinces have been identified. But, you actually have to do some research if you are actually "worried/interested" in the tires that came on your trailer.

Now, I hope you can go home and "feel good inside" .....I feel better
Old 03-15-2018, 05:44 PM   #25
Scoob

Quote:
My question would be, what is the concern? 65 mph pulling a trailer of any size with anything less than a 1 ton dually is silliness (bit of an exaggeration). I see it all the time but I also look at them and know the IQ meter doesn't go far.......

Not knocking your question or concern, just pointing out that 65 mph is pretty adequate with any size trailer.
I am glad you know your limitations and inabilities when it comes to towing your trailer. I hope you continue down this thought path and eventually are driving at 45 mph, just to avoid the silliness.

The reason i am asking is because most of my travels are interstate with speed limits of 70-75 and those silly people even go much faster than that . I Generally set the cruise at 70, park my butt in the right lane and watch people go by. So I would like to have a speed rated tire that is not going to have a problem with going 70 for hours on end without overheating and coming apart.

Also. As a way for you to save some time trying to figure out it its a smart guy going 64 or a low IQ meter guy going 66. Just look at to see if he has texas plates. You will know that meter isn't going to budge without needing the radar gun.

Just messing with ya, spent 12 LONG years in "scenic" west texass.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #26
ChuckS

Maxxis and Endurance.... lots of good data out there on Maxxis. Endurance just hit the RV scene so data and reviews not there yet. Hope it turns out to be a good one

Provider tires... Alpine started putting them on in 2015. G rating. It would get a plus vote from me just based on 14 ply rating.

I run a off brand Geo Star G rated 14 ply. I replaced TK STR E rated tires that came on all 2014 Alpine after 2000 miles.

I tow at 62 and run 110 psi.. can I go 80.. sure. But I want my duramax to last and my cheaper Geos to last. I get there safe and sound...

Popcorn bowl is empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
Old 03-15-2018, 06:13 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
I am glad you know your limitations and inabilities when it comes to towing your trailer. I hope you continue down this thought path and eventually are driving at 45 mph, just to avoid the silliness.

The reason i am asking is because most of my travels are interstate with speed limits of 70-75 and those silly people even go much faster than that . I Generally set the cruise at 70, park my butt in the right lane and watch people go by. So I would like to have a speed rated tire that is not going to have a problem with going 70 for hours on end without overheating and coming apart.

Also. As a way for you to save some time trying to figure out it its a smart guy going 64 or a low IQ meter guy going 66. Just look at to see if he has texas plates. You will know that meter isn't going to budge without needing the radar gun.
Hey Scoob?

Know my limitations and inabilities? You don't and you're out of bounds making personal attacks. I could/would come back with something but....we were talking about low IQs....remember?

I see you're new. No info on trailer or TV. I guess, by your comments you are fixed up with a setup that is adequate, or hopefully, exceeds normal towing requirements. Please post your specs.

I travel many miles on interstates with 70-75mph speed limits. You ever tried to haul down (whatever you have) in an emergency situation? In close quarters? Let me know. You ever had to lock it up because some idiot chops you off and locks up the brakes? You said "just park your butt and watch them go by"....you haven't seen much. Those people that pass you going "much faster than that" (75mph).... so you think you're going slow.....really.....with a large RV...?

I've driven hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles....watching dimwits... Thinking that allowing those dimwits to drive over 65 is "silliness"? Well.... Trying to disparage TX drivers because you're a dimwit....well, you can go back to your "little mind"......

Sorry moderators....this guy needed a slap...
Old 03-15-2018, 06:32 PM   #28
Scoob

Quote:
Hey Scoob?

Know my limitations and inabilities? Well, maybe we should meet; maybe in a hot rod or on a bike - can you afford it....I can - and I got 'em?

I see you're new. No info on trailer or TV. I guess, by your comments you are fixed up with a setup that is adequate, or hopefully, exceeds normal towing requirements. Please post your specs.

I travel many miles on interstates with 70-75mph speed limits. You ever tried to haul down (whatever you have) in an emergency situation? In close quarters? Let me know. You ever had to lock it up because some idiot chops you off and locks up the brakes? Just "park your butt and watch them go by"....you haven't seen much. Those people that pass you going "much faster than that" (75mph).... so you think you're going slow.....really.....with a large RV...?

I've driven hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles....watching dimwits... Thinking that allowing those dimwits to drive over 65 is "silliness"? Trying to disparage TX drivers because you're a dimwit....well, you can go back to your "little mind"......

Sorry moderators....this guy needed a slap...
Lol, little old man triggered

First triggered little man, I have the camper listed in the very first post. But being from texass I am guessing you are to dimwitted to be able to comprehend it.

Second, I am glad you know your limitations and towing inabilities. Please try to limit yourself from posting your views on speed vs IQ. Not everybody is as limited as you are in either area.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:37 PM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Obviously this has turned from tires to personal insults....

So, in the realm of Bugs Bunny....

THAT'S ALL FOLKS !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread

Tags
tires