Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2022, 11:14 AM   #41
Cougar Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo57 View Post
I put some PVC trim strips down on the floor so it rides on them. The edge of my slide out floor was rubbing slightly on the floor and starting to wear the darco on the slide floor edge. I just sweep the floor and then lay them down before we pull the slide in. Then when it's out I pick them up and store them.
Thanks for your reply BUT my problem is at each end under the flap of carpet. It actually tore the flooring. During our summer travel i used a piece of sheet metal to protect further damage when it retracted. The sheet metal is now well worn with it"s own groves.
Cougar Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:18 AM   #42
jasin1

i did the same thing with 1/4” luan plywood 3 strips roughly 4” x 40”….sanded lightly so no sharp edges or splinters..wired George’s idea
Old 10-28-2022, 11:28 AM   #43
Steveo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Jim View Post
Thanks for your reply BUT my problem is at each end under the flap of carpet. It actually tore the flooring. During our summer travel i used a piece of sheet metal to protect further damage when it retracted. The sheet metal is now well worn with it"s own groves.
The wear bar may be crushed allowing the slide to drag on the floor. Have you checked the floor outside on the edges to see if there's anything obvious. A common issue is the darco wearing or the edges of the slide out floor getting water wicked into them and rotting out the floor.
Steveo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:48 AM   #44
Cougar Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
i did the same thing with 1/4” luan plywood 3 strips roughly 4” x 40”….sanded lightly so no sharp edges or splinters..wired George’s idea
Another good idea BUT what is the reason and what is the correction.
Old 10-28-2022, 11:50 AM   #45
Cougar Jim

Quote:
The wear bar may be crushed allowing the slide to drag on the floor. Have you checked the floor outside on the edges to see if there's anything obvious. A common issue is the darco wearing or the edges of the slide out floor getting water wicked into them and rotting out the floor.
I'll have the mobile tech look into that....Thanks
Old 10-28-2022, 12:39 PM   #46
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Jim View Post
Another good idea BUT what is the reason and what is the correction.
my dinette slide was barley scratching the floor in the kitchen so i put the plywood strips down

my slide is possibly slightly out of alignment but it’s not worth messing with unless it gets worse in my opinion…i think mine was always this way
Old 10-28-2022, 02:57 PM   #47
wegone

Very much like what my wife and I bought last month.
We downsized from a 2019 Bullet and couldn't be happier.
Love the Kingsize bed, what a difference.
Our slide is a little bigger as it has the reefer in it too, and we have a window in the head, and over our bed.
Love how these smaller trailers pull with the wheels further back.
More tongue weight, but I have plenty of payload to carry it.

Here is our 21 footer: https://cruiserrv.com/rv-model/radia...a-lite-r-21rb/

Have fun, enjoy, it opens up a lot more options to where you can camp.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 03:47 PM   #48
wiredgeorge

Quote:
I put some PVC trim strips down on the floor so it rides on them. The edge of my slide out floor was rubbing slightly on the floor and starting to wear the darco on the slide floor edge. I just sweep the floor and then lay them down before we pull the slide in. Then when it's out I pick them up and store them.
What are PVC trim strips used for otherwise? Looks like it might be a good idea. I use 1/8" plywood and thinner material might be better as the slide will sometimes drag the strip closest to the front of the trailer and get caught so I have to stand on it and extend the slide. The others don't have an issue. My spots where there is rubbing are towards the very outside edges of the super slideout and a trace towards the middle. Likely something under these places that can scrape.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 03:48 PM   #49
wiredgeorge

Quote:
I use 1/8" plywood in the same cuts as you are using. Surprised the 1/4" is working for you.
Old 10-28-2022, 03:54 PM   #50
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
Very much like what my wife and I bought last month.
We downsized from a 2019 Bullet and couldn't be happier.
Love the Kingsize bed, what a difference.
Our slide is a little bigger as it has the reefer in it too, and we have a window in the head, and over our bed.
Love how these smaller trailers pull with the wheels further back.
More tongue weight, but I have plenty of payload to carry it.

Here is our 21 footer: https://cruiserrv.com/rv-model/radia...a-lite-r-21rb/

Have fun, enjoy, it opens up a lot more options to where you can camp.
That is a great floor plan for a little camper Eddie. My sis/bil have a new Forest River Mini about the same length but it has a murphy bed and a huge dinette which I don't like much. The only thing that I would want in your floor plan is a wall with a door into the bed area so the missus could sleep as long as she wanted while I watched the TV or played on the computer. That is a must for us. I really like the TV across from the seating and for a trailer that size, the counter space.
Old 10-28-2022, 03:55 PM   #51
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I use 1/8" plywood in the same cuts as you are using. Surprised the 1/4" is working for you.
geez now you got me worried George …it seems ok and doesn’t seem to be binding at all.
Old 10-28-2022, 04:05 PM   #52
wiredgeorge

Quote:
geez now you got me worried George …it seems ok and doesn’t seem to be binding at all.
Why worry? All the worry in the world will not add even a cubit to your height. If 1/4" works for you, keep in mind I have a MUCH older trailer with different type slides. Keep on using 1/4". I started using pieces of plexiglass with a non-slip fabric glued to one side because a guru on some other site did this. The glue let go and the non stick balled up and the plexiglass just slid out. Sounded good in theory and probably worked for the guru.
Old 10-28-2022, 04:11 PM   #53
wegone

Quote:
That is a great floor plan for a little camper Eddie. My sis/bil have a new Forest River Mini about the same length but it has a murphy bed and a huge dinette which I don't like much. The only thing that I would want in your floor plan is a wall with a door into the bed area so the missus could sleep as long as she wanted while I watched the TV or played on the computer. That is a must for us. I really like the TV across from the seating and for a trailer that size, the counter space.
I understand, but that wall before in our other trailer was one of the things we didn't care for.
It seemed to really impede on air circulation on those hot nights where we didn't want the air on, but windows opened, and my side had just a small window, hers was the escape hatch that only tilted out.

The TV will come out and tilt all the way around, facing us in bed.
We really like that, better than a mirror on the ceiling
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 04:11 PM   #54
jasin1

Quote:
Why worry? All the worry in the world will not add even a cubit to your height. If 1/4" works for you, keep in mind I have a MUCH older trailer with different type slides. Keep on using 1/4". I started using pieces of plexiglass with a non-slip fabric glued to one side because a guru on some other site did this. The glue let go and the non stick balled up and the plexiglass just slid out. Sounded good in theory and probably worked for the guru.
yep your probably right.. but i’m gonna double check how tight they feel
Old 10-28-2022, 06:44 PM   #55
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
I understand, but that wall before in our other trailer was one of the things we didn't care for.
It seemed to really impede on air circulation on those hot nights where we didn't want the air on, but windows opened, and my side had just a small window, hers was the escape hatch that only tilted out.

The TV will come out and tilt all the way around, facing us in bed.
We really like that, better than a mirror on the ceiling
Well, here in Texas we seldom camp without the A/C on but when we do we turn off the A/C and set the thing on high fan and open the window in the bedroom. Our season for open windows lasts about 20 minutes every year. Pretty much heat or A/C.

I had a Sunnybrook 23' bumper pull and would pull that curtain but couldn't watch TV or have any sound on the laptop. Happy wife is the key to happy camping and I suspect that is why they make different floor plans. Last, a mirrored ceiling would be like being in bed with funhouse mirror over the bed. It would probably make me loose my appetite seeing myself.
Old 11-16-2022, 02:42 PM   #56
Cougar Jim

See post # 39

That is where I posted my problem with my slide out . The mobile tech can to the storage to see about the slide out ripping the flooring. One hour later he had the slide adjusted and the problem was solved. Best $100 I ever spent.