Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2019, 03:28 AM   #1
TonyM13

TV in camper

Hi everybody, we have 2007 keystone sprinter 311 bhs. We have never really understood how the tv and sound system works. We are looking to replace the current tv that came with the camper but finding one to replace the current one is not easy due to size restrictions. We are going to be living in it all summer and would like to be able to plug in our amazon fire stick for streaming. Any help would be appreciated.
TonyM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:14 PM   #2
GMcKenzie

The TV's are pretty standard, so pick the largest that still fits, make sure it has some smart functions and enjoy.

I'm partial to Samsung, but have a big LG at home I've had for years.

In my trailer, the TV and radio are pretty independent. I think I can watch a DVD and have the sound from the radio, but I have never bothered.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:33 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Most tv's before 2009 did not have digital tuners and require adapters to receive the current digital signals. Your trailer was not designed for a flat screen tv so you will have to get creative with the installation. I mounted mine on the outside of the compartment that Keystone provided being careful to clear slide when closing. This way you can use a larger tv.

hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #4
TonyM13

We took the mirror off of the rotating tv cabinet mechanism and are planning to mount a bigger tv and permanently lock the rotating base in place
Old 05-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #5
GeekSquadOfUn

TVs are now dirt cheap and have a great picture. Sound? That's a whole other discussion.

Get any one that fits your spot, make sure it has 2 or 3 HDMI ports, of which 1 will be used for your Firestick. Don't worry to much about its 'smart' features, as adding a simple $50 Roku, on another HDMI, will give better options for example.

Odds are that your entertainment center has only an RCA yellow jack for video, your new TV may or may or may not have that yellow input video. If you never watch DVDs, you can ignore that. If you do, I suggest a $30 new DVD player connected to, you guessed it, another HDMI port.

Good luck.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:28 PM   #6
TonyM13

TV

Thanks guys!

Rig: 2007 Keystone Sprinter 311 BHS

Hometown: Stowe, VT