Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #41
chiconwheels

I really don't want to sue them, but I just want the right thing done. It seems so fishy to me that Keystone is willing to do anything to help now, when in the past they have fought us tooth and nail. All I want is a camper we know will not fall apart on us. We know things happen ,but it seems like lots here.
We bought it new only a year ago and can't believe all of the problems. We have heard from lots of people say they have no problems at all.

We have had a Chateau and Jayco in the past and no problems at all. Kinda miss our Jayco. We needed to switch to a fifth wheeler and couldn't tow the mighty Recon, so we switched to the Raptor.

So why is Keystone trying to help so much even though our warranty actually expired a week before? I think there is major liability here. Our frame has dimples, we need new shackles, bolts, equalizers, underbelly, and I can't remember what esle. They want to gusset the frame where there is damage. Is this sufficient? They are even willing to give us a new tire because ours was bald in the area where our tire were touching while we were driving.

I think there is a marketing liability because NOWHERE does it say to check your shackles no matter how old the unit is or how many miles might be on it. The mechanics at the shop say they have seen this on older models or ones with lots of miles. Well, shouldn't that be a worry or concern for Keystone.

Will it matter if the frame had dimples? I know if a car or motorcycle has damage on the frame it is salvaged.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #42
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

Chiconwheels, I know what you're dealing with. Had so many problems with my Raptor they took it back to the factory to fix it. It's way too long of a story to post here. PM me with your e-mail address if you want and I'll give you as much information as I have. Got my unit back the week before Christmas, so after 1 1/2 years we still don't know if it's fixed. Or what's gonna happen if it's not!! Been snowing since I got it, so it's kinda tough to check it out.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #43
chiconwheels

Keystone won't cover anything!!!

Shackles are considered wearable parts now. Where does it say this?
Old 03-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #44
randy66

Re: Jayco/Keystone

I had a Jayco TT and had zero problems with it. The Jayco was my first experience in the RV world. We wanted a larger trailer, and we were impressed with the features of the Montana 3150 RL HE. So, we purchased a new 2010. What a big mistake. The first time out, we discovered that almost every water connection in the trailer leaked, the shower encolsure leaked bad enough to flood the storage compartment, the propane system was inoperable, and the fireplace thermostat did not work. The fan would come on for about 60 seconds and then shut off for good. The shower drain fitting was also loose, and of course, flooded the storage compartment yet again. After two months in the shop for warranty work, we set out on our second trip. We soon discovered that the propane system was still inoperable, the fireplace had been replaced, and now had a different problem which rendered it equally useless for heating. I had fixed the leaks myself, so at least the flooding was stopped (or so I thought). But, I had new problems to deal with: While connected to city water, the fresh water storage tank would gradually fill until it overflowed. We experienced our first rain storm last week, and the main slide roof leaked bad enough to flood the dining area. The list goes on seemingly without end, but I believe you are starting to get my drift. Taking this trailer to a warranty center is a colossal waste of time, so I have fixed everything except the fireplace myself. I use this RV with my employment, and I simply don't have months to waste on warranty issues and incompetent repair personnel. In my opinion, this trailer is a piece of junk. Apparently, Keystone came up with a reasonably good idea for an RV, but then they loaded it with the cheapest crap that they could get their hands on. Craftsmanship? Quality Control? Both concepts are a joke. If anyone is experiencing similar problems I may have some answers on how to fix some of this stuff yourself. The propane problem was especially entertaining!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:26 AM   #45
antiqfreq

It always makes me upset when a fellow RV'er has a problem with their RV that seems that even the manufacturer can't figure out.
We have been fortunate with all trailers we have owned and not all were Keystone that we had basicly no problems.
Taking it to the factory should do the trick - when all else fails - but even
that is taking up YOUR camping time and especially if you need this trailer for work makes it near impossible to deal with.
My sympathies go to you who have had troubles but luckily most RV'ers have good luck with their campers.
As with everything - there are lemons - and dealers and manufactureres who
sometimes can't seem to make it right for the owners.
Good luck with your situation -
Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
Old 11-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #46
cdevill

We purchased a 2011 Springdale 296BHSSR in Sept and the only issue that I've had with it was the gasket not completely sealing on the rear garage door. I'm 3 hours from the dealer near Indy so I took pics of it and sent to them and talked with them and was sent a new gasket. Put it on last week and all is well so far. It has power EVERYTHING... jack, stabilizers, awning.. and I was leary about all of those being fail points but we're happy thus far. just one shake down trip this fall. During the walk thru at the dealer they had everything working and demo'd, even water in the tank and all plumbing was tested. One thing I did like (our first unit to have a slideout) was that it sat on the lot with the slide out and with the storms that rolled through, not a single leak could be found so I trust the seals.... Sure hope we have good luck with it. I too was a Jayco owner before this one.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #47
Houndie Dog

Keystone

I purchased a Keystone cougar 326MKS this year and have had zero problems. I have camped in the rain, wind and in temps below 20 degrees with no issues. Just my 2 cents here, but the issue may be who you bought it from........We bought ours from Midwest RV in Saint Louis and they keep in constant contact with us to make sure that we are happy with our Keystone.
I did have a problem with the air conditioner and when I called them to report this they told me that they would come the 40 miles to pick up my trailer at no charge if i couldn't get the trailer to them because of my schedule. The service department jumped right on the problem and it turns out I had the thermostat in the wrong mode.....my error.
I am not saying that you may not have had a bad experience with Keystone, but merely saying I like my cougar and am very happy with it and the service I have recieved. When you consider what you get for the price, cougar is a very good fifthwheel trailer.
Respectfully,
Grant
Hensly TS3 trailer-saver hitch
KVH TracVision R4SL
3 Basset Hounds "Lucy, Ethel, & Fred"
https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...vado/coach.jpg
Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #48
miller8179

Brand new keystone owner (Copper Canyon) and there are too many problems to even count anymore. This thing was built like crap, and we're hiring a lawyer to pursue a lemon law suit in Texas.

Sad stuff...
Old 01-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #49
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Sad fact Keystone builds JUNK... they make them look all pretty and nice but if the last long enough to get off the dealers lot it is a miracle... I had the curb wall fall off my trailer going down the highway... I never hit a curb with it never abused it in any way.... just used it lots... was told by Keystone I used it too much... was only designed to be used 4-6 weeks a year... not 6-8 months a year....
Old 01-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #50
Retired_Jim

Keystone support praise

Just my two cents worth on our 10 months of Keystone trailer ownership. Local dealer has been super fixing and getting parts support for warranty replacements. Keystone telephone support person was helpful and patient answering my several questions about items related to my new trailer. I was an informed buyer of a "value based" travel trailer and this manufacture has lived up so far to it's commitment to fix anything under warranty. Good so far.

2006 GMC Yukon XL
2010 Keystone Springdale 266RLSSR
Old 01-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #51
Pennsylvaniasprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller8179 View Post
Brand new keystone owner (Copper Canyon) and there are too many problems to even count anymore. This thing was built like crap, and we're hiring a lawyer to pursue a lemon law suit in Texas.

Sad stuff...
Interesting......is there a lemon law in Texas? PA doesn't have one. Could you PM me and let me know some facts? Think we need to do something more than just asking for Keystone to do the "right thing".
Old 01-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #52
watsong

Cougar 5th wheel

I have a 2008 cougar 5th wheel and it has been nothing but trouble. Although the problems are to many to mention, one beef I have is the cheap workmanship and materials used on Keystone RV products. I have had my fender skirts blow off 3 times now (once a year). Keystone knows there is a problem but wont recognize it. I probably shouldn't be posting this as I hope to find a sucker in the spring to buy it, however I hink everyone should know that Keystone RV products should be stayed away from.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #53
watsong

Keystone RV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow/Haul View Post
Single post and bashing,...hmmmm...couldn't be someone trying to reduce Keystone sales now could it?

Probably someone from the Heartland forum.
LOL
I don't think it is Keystone bashing. I have had cheap plastic fender skirts blow off of my 2008 Cougar 5th wheel now 3 times. Keystone refuses to recognize the fact that they use the cheapest quality material possible to improve their bottom line. I mean come on plastic fender skirts, give me a break. It is not Keystone bashing you will find out the longer you keep your Keystone RV
Old 01-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #54
Pennsylvaniasprinter

Totally agree with everything you say. I have to get the ball rolling on getting our problems taken care of......not from Keystone . And to be honest with you, it ticks me off and sickens me that I have to deal with this. My camper is sitting in a snowdrift and I have to worry about it. Camping and fixing a camper should be the last thing I have to deal with at this time of the year.

To those of you who have Keystone products and no problems, be thankful. I wish I was one of you. You don't know what it is like to endure the stress of having a product that is defective in which you put soooo much money into.....and can't get the product manufacturer to care about what you are going through. Believe me.....I wish I didn't have to deal with all of this, and yes I am upset that I do.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #55
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvaniasprinter View Post
Interesting......is there a lemon law in Texas? PA doesn't have one. Could you PM me and let me know some facts? Think we need to do something more than just asking for Keystone to do the "right thing".
Even if you don't have a Lemon Law where you live, your Attorney General's office should have a consumer protection division. I would contact them and if you do in fact have a case, they will probably go forward on yor behalf. The worst that will happen is that you will get some legal advice.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #56
hosemandc

It is sad to here all the bad stories of trailers gone wrong by Keystone. I am very suprised to here this for all my shopping here in Alaska for the last 5 years have lead me to the Raptor. Here in Alaska most of the toy Haulers are the Velocity or Raptors and everyone is raving over them. So how can people here in the rough and tuff Alaska be happy with them and others not? I have not recieved my 2008 Raptor 3612DS yet but I am confident when I pick it up tomorrow I will be happy with it. As a follower of the Ford truck forums I know I see bad things posted on Ford Trucks but as a happy owner of a 2002 F-350 I know that things happen. If you look at any other forum you will also see bad things about every other manufacturer but take in concideration the mass quantity of products they have out there and they are bound to have a couple products here and there to fail. I can also tell you wonderful experiences here with a Keystone dealer and horible stories of other Keystone dealers I have dealt with. Its kind of like buying a slurpy at the local 7-11. If you dont like the service try the next one down the block. Sorry just my 2 cents
Old 02-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #57
96Brigadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosemandc View Post
It is sad to here all the bad stories of trailers gone wrong by Keystone. I am very suprised to here this for all my shopping here in Alaska for the last 5 years have lead me to the Raptor. Here in Alaska most of the toy Haulers are the Velocity or Raptors and everyone is raving over them. So how can people here in the rough and tuff Alaska be happy with them and others not? I have not recieved my 2008 Raptor 3612DS yet but I am confident when I pick it up tomorrow I will be happy with it. As a follower of the Ford truck forums I know I see bad things posted on Ford Trucks but as a happy owner of a 2002 F-350 I know that things happen. If you look at any other forum you will also see bad things about every other manufacturer but take in concideration the mass quantity of products they have out there and they are bound to have a couple products here and there to fail. I can also tell you wonderful experiences here with a Keystone dealer and horible stories of other Keystone dealers I have dealt with. Its kind of like buying a slurpy at the local 7-11. If you dont like the service try the next one down the block. Sorry just my 2 cents
You have to take all the horrible stories with a grain of salt. Understandably it is only people with bad experiences who post about them, there is no incentive for people with good experiences to do the same. If a person were to count up all the people on this site with problems we'd find there are thousands if not tens of thousands of happy Keystone owners for every one of the unhappy owners.

Law of averages says you'll be fine, just like the law of averages say my new trailer will be fine. And if it isn't, I'll deal with it then.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #58
Pennsylvaniasprinter

If Keystone replaces my trailer, I'll be more than happy to post some happy responses and sing the praises.

Please Keystone....make my day!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #59
kenbarls
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlygiant View Post
You have convinced me---I'm going to purchase a Heartland Sundaance. Heartland services their products!
Good choice mate! I am also a buyer of the their products.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #60
michael

Trailer issue

Picked up my trailer on thursday March 8th, Parked it and returnd to it friday the 9th, I put the bee screens on, And then opened the trailer to install the new shower head, I took my shoes off and took my first step into the trailer,

I herd a crunch, I guess i found a hole, I called the dealer and told them about the hole about the size of a tennis ball you cant see it because its under the llinoleum, there response was bring it in today,

So far no complaints with the dealer, Burlington RV in Sturtevant Wisconsin, In my past i have bought from them a new jayco pop up with a c, And a used 25ft gulf stream tt, i have no complaints so far.

I opted to take it in saterday the 10th, They said the first step was to look at it then call keystone.

They said the call to keystone could take a week for the warranty people from keystone to get back to them, then up to a week for the repair, So at most two weeks. I am glad i picked it up early to find these issues, So far im not disappointed. Evan a new home you can have issues.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
Closed Thread