Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
leighann273

Problem with my 291TG outdoor kitchen

My new laredo was built May 11, 2010 and purchased by myself and my husband on June 10, 2010. We took delivery June 12th, and out camping we went June 18th. While parked and in the process of setting up, the "strut" that holds our outside kitchen accessory door up literally popped off and brought the metal plate and all four screws with it!!!!

Mad does not really even begin to cover my feelings about this. The dealer now has the camper back and has told me he has taken pictures and sent them off to keystone. We have been told he will possibly be replacing the entire door setup.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated. This is our second keystone and will be our second pretty big warranty repair.

2011 Laredo 291TG
2010 Ram Crew Cab Hemi 3:92
leighann273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
SLIMSHADIE

Well at least you have four screws.
Is your bracket T shaped. The Springdales are!
Mine is L shaped with 3 screws. I have to tighten one side up every other trip.
My buddy has an older Cougar with the same problem. The doors are too big. So we are deciding to weld the supports on a 3" x 6" steel, then paint it and screw it with 6-8 screw giving it a bigger footprint.
I measured one side too the other and they are not even, on each side on the door and side, somebody does not now how to use a tape measure. I hope this fixes my problem. Know wonder why my door looks a little higher on one side than the other.

Read my post on your outdoor sink.
Actually its not that bad after you think about it, but it would of been nice to know.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
MackDaddy

I had the same problem on mine. The left shock pulled right out. The dealer fixed it and I have had no problems with it in about 30 nights of camping so far.

Happy camping

2005 Ford F250 Lariat CC 6.0 PSD
2010 32' Keystone Laredo 303TG
MackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
Brad

had the same probelm with ours 294 springdale outdoor kitchen the strut falling off the door refasten it it seems ok right now
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:34 AM   #5
jeannius

keystone warranty

We have 2009 31BHS. We had a few problems with ours as soon as we brought it home. We were told the same thing...dealer is submitting pictures to Keystone. Long story short..........take your own pictures and submit them to Keystone. In our situation the dealer came back and told us Keystone wouldn't cover it. I called Keystone and they told me they have no record of pictures or anything but they agreed to fix everything. The dealer at that point changed their tune real fast!!! I have been dealing with some named Robyne at Keystone, she seems to be helpful. She also had me send pictures to teamalpine.com which as I understand is the actual warranty department at Keystone. Hope this helps!!!
jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:41 AM   #6
realniceguy5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighann273 View Post
My new laredo was built May 11, 2010 and purchased by myself and my husband on June 10, 2010. We took delivery June 12th, and out camping we went June 18th. While parked and in the process of setting up, the "strut" that holds our outside kitchen accessory door up literally popped off and brought the metal plate and all four screws with it!!!!

Mad does not really even begin to cover my feelings about this. The dealer now has the camper back and has told me he has taken pictures and sent them off to keystone. We have been told he will possibly be replacing the entire door setup.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated. This is our second keystone and will be our second pretty big warranty repair.
Hi Everyone,

Yep, Just happend to me as well, I picked my trailer up from RVW on June 22 my first trip out the left side scews pulled right out. They stripped out so I tried a larger size scew. that didn't work either. Now both sides are stripped out. Not sure what to try now.

I did find a larger bracket for the gas shock online, it appears the larger bracket will cover more area than the current bracket, which may prevent the bending causing the screws to pull out. I may give that a try before I find a local dealer to try and make the repairs.

If anyone has any suggestions on repairs please advise as well. I'll post back if I can fix it or how the dealer gets it fixed.

Thanks Mike
realniceguy5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
leighann273

Outdoor kitchen update

Just a quick update on our outdoor kitchen problem....The dealer has told us that the same day our strut pulled out of our door, another gentleman with the same camper called with the same problem and the dealer has since added one more 303TG to their lot for repairs.

Keystone has told them that they will be sending three sets of all new hardware and doors to replace the entire assembly if you will. From what I am understanding in the 2011 model is that keystone might feel that the struts are too powerful for the foamcore door.

Still waiting for the parts so I will update you all with anything that I find out.
Thanks for all the replys

2011 Laredo 291TG
2010 Ram Crew Cab Hemi 3:92
leighann273 is offline   Reply With Quote