Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2018, 05:23 AM   #1
Bertdog

2019 Hideout 177LHS

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and have been looking to buy a travel camper for about two years now. My wife and I are almost pull the trigger on a new 2019 Hideout by Keystone 177LHS. I am looking for any reviews, opinions, pro's, con's, problems or anything regarding this model camper. Any information would be great!

Thanks again!
Bertdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
Retired Copper

If you have been looking and you are like me one will surely follow you home. Don`t know anyone personally with that model but was looking at smaller units with my brother awhile back and know that just about everyone makes them. Everyone has different things and reasons for being drawn to a particular model or brand. I am happy with my Keystone Passport for what is and what I intended to use it for; but I only intended to keep it for a few years until the grandkids get a little older. I bought it when I was towing with a half ton truck that I just couldn't part; with because my son had just bought it, before I lost him. The thing that finally swung me to it was the Dealer and the fact that PassPorts are the number one selling light weights in the US. The owner himself gave me his cell phone number and told me when I buy my next camper he want us to buy from him. The dealer ship in general and the unit prep done by them is what I look for also. Down load the great PDI check list on this site under the Prospective New Owner`s title and carry it with you it is a great help and tool. Good luck and enjoy that thing when it follows you home.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #3
Number 4

Welcome to the forum Bertdog! That is a very nice compact unit, and yet I would encourage you to compare the 177LHS to a 19FLWBE. Of course I'm biased because that's what we have, but you give up the wrap-around windows by the dinette and go from a queen to a double bed (looking like a bad suggestion so far, right?) However, you go from a compact fridge to a mid-size fridge/freezer... 27 gallons of fresh water to 60 gallons... 30 gallon grey & black water tanks to 40 gallons each... manual to power awning... plastic to porcelain toilet... 8,000 BTU air conditioner to 13,500 BTU... single to dual propane tanks... single to double axle... more seating area with the couch up front and dinette... anyways, there's my 2.5 cents. Enjoy the hunt for just the right trailer!

Number 4: 2013 Hideout 19FLBWE
Number 3: 1994 Skyline Nomad 1661
Number 2: 1971 Santa Fe
Number 1: 1967 Shasta Airflyte
2015 F-250 Lariat 6.2L CC 4x4 3.73
Number 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:19 PM   #4
Willie & Bev

We have a 2017 177LHS and we have not had any major issues. On our 2nd trip out the kitchen faucet Started spraying water from a small crack in the spout. I wrapped some black tape around it and the dealer replaced it. Then the kitchen drain leaked. I was able to tighten it and that stopped the leak. We bought that unit because our truck was small and it is light weight. We are in the process of finding a larger trailer now that we have a better tow vehicle. The 177LHS has served us well in the short time we have owned it. Good luck in what ever you decide.

Willie
Willie & Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:32 AM   #5
Plumbtrician

We have a 2018 175 LHS, which has bunks instead of the rear dining, and sleeps 6. It’s the same unit as the one you’re looking at, just a different floor plan. We’ve had it for 3 months, and have been on 3 trips so far to local state parks. We are very happy with it. I Will say that I wish the AC was a bit quieter.
I have been happy with the quality of the unit, as well as our dealer.
I’m in the trades, so I don’t mind tinkering, and have done a few upgrades. The only “problem” that I’ve come across so far is that the propane detector had become disconnected at some point. Easy fix. I also crawled under the trailer and used some expanding foam in some spots to help keep out the mice.
It pulls great with our Expedition, and “weight problems” aren’t an issue with the WDH that I installed from the recommendations via the good folks here on this forum.
Do your research, find a reputable dealer, purchase what fits the budget, and know what you’re getting into.
I know more problems will come up. I’m pulling a house down the road....So I read here a lot to try and gain knowledge and arm myself with all that stuff.
Good luck!
Plumbtrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #6
Texas Steve

We currently own a 2018 202 LHS with the rear couch and dinette with the big picture windows on 3 sides and it fits us great (usually just 2 people). I pull it with a 1/2 ton Chevy truck and pulls smooth. Even in the Texas Hill Country goes up the hills great. Like said before purchase what fits your needs and budget and hit the road. Good luck!
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #7
Dblhack

We bought a 2018 177lhs back in July. We like it and for just the two of us find the size to be just right. We upgraded the mattress to a 10 in memory foam mattress, added a TV, new outside storage locks and soon a Jack-It upfront bike rack. We also added storage under the mattress (over the water tank). We are pulling with a 2015 F150 5.0L and an e2 WDH. With limited trips, I haven't noticed any issues. Month long trip (14 different SPs from Texas to Penn. and back) in the works for next year will be the real test.

2018 Keystone Hideout 177lhs (Ethel)
2015 F-150 V-8 (Fred)
Dblhack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout