Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
jkhuizenga

New 2019 Passport 240BH LS owner

New to trailer camping. Hard core tent campers. Family of four outdoor enthusiast. Cant wait to take are first Spring Break trip!
jkhuizenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:13 PM   #2
Retired Copper

and enjoy the new PassPort.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:32 AM   #3
5J's

Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. Congrats on the new trailer and enjoy your time in it.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:57 AM   #4
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhuizenga View Post
New to trailer camping. Hard core tent campers. Family of four outdoor enthusiast. Cant wait to take are first Spring Break trip!

Hi there, we are also new owners of a Passport 240BH. What do you think of it so far? We just got home from our first camping trip with it and are working though some pros and cons, but overall really enjoyed it!
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:01 PM   #5
DSB3717

Considering the Passport 240BH

I see few of you may have some experience with this unit. I am considering an upgrade from the Passport 175 BH and thought you might chime in. Essentially i am looking to sleep a few occasional visitors along with our family of 4 plus dog. Hoping it will work for this purpose. For example, would you put a young child and a teen in the double bunk? Would you say the dinette sleeps an adult and a teen? Or just one adult? Also, have you found the outside kitchen useful? I have cooked inside in our current unit and found it can get very warm! I've heard the mini fridge outside overheats in its storage easily. Also the fact that the outside kitchen door needs to be kept open (at camp) because of this. How about the slide out...I'm a bit nervous getting moving parts since a tent trailer didn't do it for us because of this. I assume you cant do too much wrong when it's power operated? Lastly, how sound proof (if at all) are the sliding bedroom doors? Could you hear the TV going while you sleep? Thanks for your input!
DSB3717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:00 AM   #6
NH_Bulldog

I will answer what I can; each bunk is a “Full” and can support up to 300 lbs. each. Two people can easily sleep in each bunk, although the top bunk is best suited for kids. We installed a ladder to make getting up and down easier for our 6 year old. The dinette is also a full size bed, so two adults can sleep there as well.

I use the outside kitchen almost exclusively, just our preference for cooking odors, steam, etc. The mini fridge only works off shore power (it’s basically a small dorm fridge). I have not found it to get hot in the compartment at all with the compartment door closed. Depending on different circumstances, we will sometimes close the kitchen at night.

The slide-out is pretty simple and is just a motor that drives a cable through some pulleys to move the room in or out. It has a drill attachment to manually drive the motor if it were to fail.

The bedroom doors are more for privacy than sound proofing. The tv is mounted to the back of the cabinet in the living room, but the backside of that panel is also a recess for a tv on the bedroom side, so the wall isn’t very thick.

If you have not done so already, I would suggest finding one to look at and walk through. If you can’t find a Passport 240BH to look at locally, a holdover Passport 2400BH is functionally the same (it is now discontinued and became the 240BH), and the Springdale 240BH is also functionally the same, just different it finish quality and details.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:48 PM   #7
DSB3717

Great information. Can you tell me the total length (incl. Hitch) of the 240/2400BH? I'm reading conflicting info on what they post vs the reality. Also hope I'm not changing the thread topic too much... anyone willng to chime in on the difference between the bullet and passport in general? (I live far from any dealers so not able to shop around and compare at length. ) Online they look the same. Thks
Old 05-21-2019, 01:35 PM   #8
NH_Bulldog

Box is 24 ft, plus a bit over 3 ft for the hitch and 8 ft wide
Old 05-21-2019, 05:13 PM   #9
DSB3717

Thanks. I also found other threads on my passport vs bullet question so please ignore!

Tags
passport