Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #21
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

I was thinking about the the parts of the bike not tied in moving. I have seen the pitbulls they are nice but not the complete answer. Also I only have a 10 foot garage so my long V Rod would make the the pit bull placement an issue because of the angle of the floor at the rear.

Think about a bump that would throw your unit from left to right...violently. Or a heave that would pitch the rear of the trailer down enough to hit the rear stabilizer jacks. That is a typical ALCAN bump. "MOST" are marked but miss a sign or find one unmarked and it's over. I have seen all kinds of chocks used and many needed to be improved on for a trip north.

There is nothing worse then walking back to ensure everything is ok after catching a bad bump to see your ride hanging out a window or worse a hole thru the wall of your unit. I wish I had backed up some of the photos I had taken of my ALCAN trips and the carnage I have seen.
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:55 AM   #22
Karlb

having hauled numerous different bikes for thousands of miles using the pitbull with some off road hauling in my cargo trailer my point is that once locked into the pitbull there isnt much slop in the system for the bike to move around and gain kinetic energy, to free itself it would have to rip the flooring out of the trailer, if this is a concern then beefing up the floor of the trailer would address that much in the same way as you say any other system would need to be beefed up, but once done it would still be a superior system to any other beefed up system. with my K1200GT and a 10 foot garage the pit bull is mounted to the sloped part of the garage and doesnt cause any issues, in fact if you wanted to reinforce the mount by welding additional plates under the floor to attach to this area would provide a short span and therefore a very strong mounting area.
Karlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #23
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

I just went back to their site and looked again. For the life of me I could not remember why I never did consider using a Pitbull.....they only make them for use on Sportsters is why. If you really look they are really only made for Sport bikes, not to many Cruisers and definately not Dressers.
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #24
cvgkid

E-Track Tie Down System

Anyone using the E-Track system from US Cargo? If so, you like?
cvgkid is offline   Reply With Quote