Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2017, 02:53 PM   #1
jd800

Wallpaper Decorative Border Removal

Just bought a Keystone Passport with a 6" wallpaper border around the kitchen area about halfway between the floor and ceiling. My wife would like to remove it, so before she pulls down more than the border, has anybody tried this? How did you do it or have any ideas that can help me before she starts? Did it come off easily? Thanks in advance
jd800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:12 PM   #2
notanlines

This border will not be put on with adhesive from Sherwin-Williams. More than likely it will be similar to a contact paper. Be very careful, a little heat from a hair dryer. You will leave glue behind. Make sure whatever liquid you use to remove the glue doesn't remove the print on the wall.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #3
earlzach

Please confirm but I think I remember being told Downey wiped on will losen it
Old 11-26-2017, 10:25 AM   #4
muddynoll

The Border tape that Keystone uses has a very sticky backing. I would use heat to try to get it to loosen up. A hair dryer would work well. The border is fairly thick but will tear so keep heating ahead of the area you are pulling it off of. I have only ever put it on. I've never had to take it off but that's how I would do it. Goo Gone should clean up the adheasive.
2004 F350,CCLB SRW 6.0Powerstroke, 4.30 Gears, Curt 1,500 Lb. Hitch with sway control *2017 Fuzion Impact 312, Sailun S637 Tires 2011 Passport 2910 BH, 2006 Jayco 232, 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L, ReeseDualCam, Prodigy P3
muddynoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:42 PM   #5
Pearlie

I very carefully pulled off the vinyl border and then removed the adhesive. I used Goo-Gone spray and a sponge. Test your wall first to be sure it doesn't fade anything. You may have a slightly lighter area where the border was in those areas that received sunlight directly to the wall.
Pearlie is offline   Reply With Quote