Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2017, 07:07 AM   #1
Bigiron

2016 Keystone 311 Impact ramp rot

Well, it appears I have some small spots of rotten wood on the right and left side dove tail portion of my toy hauler garage. I discovered this recently while loading without shoes on. I am not sure where the water or leak would be coming from, but I am guessing it is running down from the top of the door when closed where the gasket does not seal super tight and running under the threshold between the metal frame and floor transition. Other than the occasional wet loading of the garage, there are no known leaks anywhere. I plan to remove the door threshold and inject the wood with Fasco 99 wood rot epoxy rather than replacing the entire piece of wood. I plan to drill some small holes in the end grain of the wood and hopefully this will solve the problem.

This is a heads up to check yours because after spending some time on Google, it seems to be a common place for rot. Has I not had my shoes off, I don't think I would have noticed it for some time.

I'll post up after I inject the epoxy and give my thoughts. If I am not happy, I will just replace the whole piece of wood with pt plywood treated with the epoxy.

2016 Impact 311
2002 F-250 7.3 (retired, but still own)
2016 F-350 6.7 Platinum
2010 EZGO
Bigiron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone