Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2017, 04:18 AM   #1
linux3

Spring Cleanup

In a few weeks we will be pulling our TT out of winter storage.
Has anyone posted a check list/ howto of things to do like bearing checking, anti-freeze flushing, systems checks?

My main concern is for the wheel bearings. They have grease fittings but that doesn't mean I have to grease them. And on and on.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:16 AM   #2
Tbos

There are various thoughts on greasing the bearings. Depending on the use of the TT. Some say every year. Others every 2 years. Some say do it by hand others say to use the fittings while rotating the tires and using a hand grease gun and slowly filling the bearings. Will do mine this season.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:38 AM   #3
Drydays

When I grease ours , I always pull them and clean them completely and inspect for scratches? Then hand pack each one and replace the seals . That being said, I travel about 1500-2500 miles a year and this is done each second year. BUT I adjust the brakes every 1000 miles and check the wheels for wobble.

Tires are Maxxi 8008 and I watch them every 1-200 miles but check air each morning when traveling and have an air compressor on hand.. So far in 15 years have not had a flat, lost a wheel nor brake problems,, LUCKY?
But Preventive Maintenance is prime, Take care and be safe.

Passport 24 RB 2013
Drydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

There is an excellent article in the current issue of Trailer Life magazine that gives a step by step approach to getting the trailer ready for summer. You should be able to access the article here: http://www.trailerlife.com/trailer-h...ready-to-roll/

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #5
linux3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There is an excellent article in the current issue of Trailer Life magazine that gives a step by step approach to getting the trailer ready for summer. You should be able to access the article here: http://www.trailerlife.com/trailer-h...ready-to-roll/
Thanks, just what I was looking for.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote