Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
AV8R
Permanent User Ban

Review of the 2011 Keystone Alpine 3500 RE

Because the text is too long to post on this forum, I have written a detailed review of the 2011 Keystone RV 3500 RE 5th Wheel.

In addition to the text that provides my review of the 2011 Keystone RV Alpine 3500 RE, you can also read and watch videos and view high resolution photos at http://www.5thwheelreviews.com/Home.html

To view the videos, you will need to install the FREE QuickTime plug-in for your browser, which you can download for FREE at: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

http://www.5thwheelreviews.com
AV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:25 AM   #2
rjsurfer

Certainly an eye opener...

A couple of those issues should have been picked up in the PDI but I can understand your frustration. For me I would be most concerned about the loss of 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid and where that residue now resides...I'm sure it's soaked into some things that will be out-gassing those fumes for a long time.

About the cabinet hinges, one day I just bit the bullet and went through EVERY hinge inside and out and re-did just about EVERY screw hole with wood putty or epoxy. I couldn't believe the amount of screw holes that I had to strengthen.

You must have the same $1 a square yard carpeting I have, purchased a throw rug for the dining area and I'm in the process of getting some carpet step protectors to keep the wear down.

Some of those problems are dealer related, not that should really matter they are Keystone representatives.

When I bought my Cougar I knew going in that this wasn't a top quality camper, I could see that on the few Cougar 5th wheels we looked at prior to purchase, BUT we got what we paid for, a decent unit for $20k something that if after a few years the wife and I weren't happy with we wouldn't go bankrupt selling it. As it turned out we love camping and have upgraded the suspension, tires, heating, batteries, etc and now 4 years later are very happy campers (pardon the pun).

I wish you well and hope Keystone does the right thing.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Alpine3500RE

New 3500RE

We just picked up our new Alpine 3500RE last Friday. We looked at several floor plans of the Cardinal, Big Horn and the Alpine. We liked the features of the Alpine best so we purchased it from General RV in Wayland, MI. Camped the first weekend to give it a shake down and check it out. We had a Titanium by Glendale for the past 10 years and would of had another one but they went bankrupt last year. We can say the quality of the Titanium and lack of repairs were a great selling point. Never met a Titanium owner that wasn't very satisfied. But alas, we have to move on.

We have found a few minor issues so far with the Alpine. And are working with the dealer to make an adjustment list. The dealers seem a little lacking in knowledge and customer service for my liking so far, but will see how it goes. I was interested in your detailed description of the issues you have with yours and your dealer. Will keep all that in mind as we go along with ours.

Dick and Jane
2011 Alpine
2002 Chevy Silverado Duramax Diesal.
Alpine3500RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
sloopdog 1

I watched the video from start to finish.Very interesting,especially the "you might have voided the warranty by using epoxy" part.Here is a link to a law concerning warranties, and the consumers rights.
http://www.answers.com/topic/magnuson-moss-warranty-act
sloopdog 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine, alpine 3500, keystone, keystone alpine