Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #41
RLM5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg9381 View Post
I will say that some of the premium brands get actual non-cable slides (weigh more). For me, the Accu-slide cable slides have been problematic, where as all of my other experience with hydraulic/electric slides has been pretty good.
What problems have you seen with the cable slides? I haven't been reading about slide issues. We just purchased an Outback 298RE and enjoying it so far. We have been out just 3 times so far, but no issues found yet. I'm wondering what I need to keep an eye on.
RLM5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:51 PM   #42
slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLM5150 View Post
What problems have you seen with the cable slides? I haven't been reading about slide issues. We just purchased an Outback 298RE and enjoying it so far. We have been out just 3 times so far, but no issues found yet. I'm wondering what I need to keep an eye on.

IMO, it is important to monitor cable tension on a cable slide system or it will do odd things that can lead to damage. I have had problems with the rubber pads covering the cable entry holes on the slide frame. They do my adhere well or survive the compression from the brackets very well on long trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:30 AM   #43
dcg9381

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLM5150 View Post
I'll PM you, but roughly:
The cables need to be correctly adjusted so they don't ride on the aluminum trim. You can't see where they come through the trim on the outside. You can see it on the inside.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #44
bitten

Looking at 2 Montana Legacy models to trade up from 28Rls cougar TT. Huge difference in materials. DW says we need more room for guest travelers.
bitten is offline   Reply With Quote