Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2016, 05:32 AM   #1
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Impact 312 roof vents

Can someone who owns a 312 tell me how many roof vents their unit has? I know there is a powered vent in the bathroom. Are there other(s) too? Just trying to plan ahead a little. Your help appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
therink

Best advice I can offer is to Google the model #/year and click on images. You will see many photos and will see roof vent placement.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:46 AM   #3
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Yea, checked there first and no roof pics. If it was only that easy. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 02-14-2016, 04:32 AM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

A lot of views but no answers? Went back to the dealer yesterday and checked for myself. The 312 has 3 vents. 2 are unpowered in the bedroom and garage. The one in the garage is replaced by the second air conditioner if so equipped. The vent in the bathroom is powered. I hope this helps someone else. Happy trails to you.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 02-14-2016, 12:04 PM   #5
Steve S

I Googled the trailer and found the same answers that the dealer told you. When you Googled it didn't you click the pic view as there's hundreds of pics there
Old 02-14-2016, 12:11 PM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Yep, Steve. I googled until my index finger was sore. No pictures of the Impact that was a roof view.(see post #3 above) But since it sounds like you found one, maybe you would post it?

The dealer is 2 miles from my house so going there is no problem. I drove there and did the research on my own. But I was hoping that someone who owned one would step up and help me out. I guess I'm spoiled from being on the Forest River site. Over there helpful people trip over themselves with help and advice when a question is asked.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 02-14-2016, 12:46 PM   #7
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Yep, Steve. I googled until my index finger was sore. No pictures of the Impact that was a roof view.(see post #3 above) But since it sounds like you found one, maybe you would post it?

The dealer is 2 miles from my house so going there is no problem. I drove there and did the research on my own. But I was hoping that someone who owned one would step up and help me out. I guess I'm spoiled from being on the Forest River site. Over there helpful people trip over themselves with help and advice when a question is asked.

As stated above post your trailer specs which you didn't and you might get more help
I agree that Forest River has an active site, I would assume it's because that many of the trailers are in the shop and the owners have idle time so they sit on the site helping others
BTW as I was looking for vents I found this really cool pic of some fish
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2016, 12:57 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post

I don't think members are ignoring your question, there just aren't very many who would have any experience with the trailer.

The Impact line of toy haulers was introduced in 2014 and the 312 wasn't introduced until the 2015 model year. There are, apparently very few Impacts on the road and even fewer are the model you're interested in purchasing. As with you, there are several members "looking" but to my knowledge, none of the forum membership has actually bought that model. At least I don't recall reading anything in the recent threads about the Impact 312, and it has only been in production for one year.

It looks like an interesting trailer with some unique floorplan and equipment inclusions. Maybe you can "break the ice" so to speak and give us a "quick rundown" once you've had the opportunity to use your new purchase. I'm sure members will be as interested as I am to hear your reports.....

Good Luck.

ADDD: To expand a bit further, Using the "member search" feature, I found that there are 29 members who own "Impact" trailers. Of those, only two own the Impact 312. Neither of those members has ever posted on the forum and one of them last signed on in January 2015, the other last signed on in September 2015. So, in response to members not providing answers, it appears that there are no members who have any "ownership experience" with which to provide answers.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #9
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Appreciate all the insight about the camper, JRTJH. THANKS.
Steve, I don't own it yet but ordered it Saturday.
So it will be here in 6-8 weeks straight from factory to my dealer!
Hopefully, all will go well and there will be no issues in the build.
Ordering was easy and we could get exactly what we wanted!
Looked on line at a lot of places but no one had what we wanted.
Existing inventory was pretty basic and we wanted the options!
So pumped about this and can't wait to get it.

Spring is just around the corner.
Camping starts again soon.
Pitchers and catchers report this week.
Spring thaw comes to Kansas City this week.
Life is looking great. Thank you all for your help.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 02-17-2016, 06:06 AM   #10
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
I would assume it's because that many of the trailers are in the shop and the owners have idle time so they sit on the site helping others
BTW as I was looking for vents I found this really cool pic of some fish
Now that's funny

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote