Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
Geegee

Sofa issues with Passport Elite 23RB

We have just purchased a 2015 Passport Elite 23 RB and have used it 14 days. We are already noticing that the sofa seat is sagging in a couple of places. Has anyone else encounter this issue? We love our trailer but we are disappointed in the sofa.
Geegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
slow

There are two styles of sofas used in the 2015 model 23RBs. Early builds used the original sofa with a 3 pc seat cushion and air mattress. More recent built 23RBs have the two seat cushion "tri-fold" foam mattress.

Our 2015 23RB has the tri-fold sofa. At 190 lbs when I get off the sofa, there is slack cover material, but within minutes the foam core seems to regain its shape eliminating the slack cover.

Which sofa do you have?
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
Geegee

We have the two cushion one. We have looked at the underside and it looks like the springs on one side need adjusting a little bit. We are going to work on reinforcing it and see what happens. We plan to use it on a pretty regular basis and don't think it will hold up for very long. It appears to be the same with the mattress. It is disappointing to spend so much money on a trailer then have to spend more to replace items so quickly.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
slow

I better have a better look at mine when I pull it out of storage next spring. Thanks for the info. I would also appreciate learning what the fix is once you are happy with it.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
TheRealMacGyver

I have a brand new (not even a week old) 238ML with the fold down murphy bed style sofa. One side of the frame on the bottom of the sofa appears that it was never welded or attached. I have fashioned a piece of aluminum and a C-clamp to keep any further damage from happening. Will be on my list of things to get repaired at dealer. If you raise the bottom slightly and get your hand under there you might find you have the same issue. The other side I can see a weld, but this side looks like it was never even welded at all!
TheRealMacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #6
ClassyCoupleDallas

We just took possession of our new 23RB so thanks for the heads up about the sofa. While we have yet to take our first trip, we have already discussed replacing it with a more comfortable sofa.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #7
Geegee

Unhappy After a few months

Well, after 2 months of living in our as Winter Texans in our 2015 Passport Elite we have used the following things to help us with the poor sofa issues. We did go ahead and put some extra foam under the springs then my husband and I each have our own memory foam cushion that we sit on for extra padding. Do I like the way it looks? NO!! Do I like the way it feels while we are sitting watching TV in the evening or while I working on my computer? Yes, it is better but not the best. The best investment we have made is a new mattress. In fact, we like it so much we are going to order one for our bed at home.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #8
swanson

Wife and I have both decided that in the Spring that the sofa goes and a couple of new chairs are going in!
swanson is offline   Reply With Quote