Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2014, 08:08 AM   #21
mikebrls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
As a note.. my 2890RL which is pretty close to the same trailer has a tongue weight of 1060 pounds loaded with 1/2 tank of water (tank is at the front).

We are loaded pretty light in comparison to others I see on here, but with the 2890RL the storage is mostly under the bed or under the seats in the booth.
only because you brought up your model # you will get a kick out of this ,
Yesterday I went to the dealer to look at the trailers again and as I was leaving there was a brand new passport in the parking lot hooked up to atruck getting ready to leave , from the back I couldn't notice what kind of truck then as I walked to the front I noticed the truck , get ready !!!!!!!!

It was a Toyota Tacoma V6 , the guy was like its my first time towing something this big , I said " And I was worried about that size trailer with my 1500 diesel "

So any way I had to wait for him to leave with the truck to see how it pulled ,

He get's in truck and it look's like he's getting ready to go an the truck just does a bounce like the brakes are on , I see him looking out of his mirrors a few times like is there a wheel cock in there that stopping me , and then finally he get's it rolling I bet he had to redline that motor up just to break the wheels loose and get going , after that he was gone

Any way after seeing that I felt better about my 1500 diesel
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #22
teamtlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
only because you brought up your model # you will get a kick out of this ,
Yesterday I went to the dealer to look at the trailers again and as I was leaving there was a brand new passport in the parking lot hooked up to atruck getting ready to leave , from the back I couldn't notice what kind of truck then as I walked to the front I noticed the truck , get ready !!!!!!!!

It was a Toyota Tacoma V6 , the guy was like its my first time towing something this big , I said " And I was worried about that size trailer with my 1500 diesel "

So any way I had to wait for him to leave with the truck to see how it pulled ,

He get's in truck and it look's like he's getting ready to go an the truck just does a bounce like the brakes are on , I see him looking out of his mirrors a few times like is there a wheel cock in there that stopping me , and then finally he get's it rolling I bet he had to redline that motor up just to break the wheels loose and get going , after that he was gone

Any way after seeing that I felt better about my 1500 diesel
I wonder what model passport it was. I have a 3290BH that weighs in at ~6300lbs dry and I tow with a Tundra 5.7l. I could not imagine a Tacoma towing it. Up hills it revs pretty hard with my setup from a dead stop.
P3 Brake Controller
Timbren Suspension
teamtlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #23
mikebrls

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtlr View Post
I wonder what model passport it was. I have a 3290BH that weighs in at ~6300lbs dry and I tow with a Tundra 5.7l. I could not imagine a Tacoma towing it. Up hills it revs pretty hard with my setup from a dead stop.
it was a 2890RL and a v6 tacoma
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote