Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Could it be said that RV's are like Spouses? There are good ones and there are bad ones...

If you find a good one, it's hell to live with until you learn all the little things to keep life happy.

If you find a bad one, it's hell to live with until you finally decide that the only way to be happy is to live without it......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #22
sjturbo

Your feelings are echoed throughout many RV forums regardless of make. Things to remember when "repairing" your rv. The industry is not regulated like the auto industry, As far as I can tell there are no "standards of practice", no blueprints or plans, and the factory workers are paid on pieces produced, not quality built in. This is why when you contact a manufacturer they cannot tell you much regarding, wiring schematics, plumbing diagrams or much else.
When I went to a local dealer and pointed out several obvious (easily seen and repaired) issues with a newly built unit I was told that the manufacture does not QC the unit but waits for the buyer to point out (or not), the problems during the acceptance and it is up to the dealer to correct them. They are reimbursed by the manufacture. That is why when you find so many things that need fixing. That is also why I shy away from buying a "new" unit. Hopefully after the warranty has run out most of the issues have been fixed. So in short you need to be a jack of all trades unless you can afford to have someone else fix it! And just laugh when you fine three holes drilled when only one is needed. Or you flush the toilet and realize it is connected to the hot water.
sjturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #23
antiqfreq

Spouses beware - we are watching........

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote