Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Timon

Fuzion or Raptor

I've looked at some Fuzion and Raptors and I'm wondering which one is considered the higher end? I see some things on the Fuzion that look higher end but then some things on the Raptor look on the higher end. Is there really a difference or is it just how they are ordered?
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:47 AM   #2
ri_truck_guy

Your kind of asking which is better, BMW or Audi? Either way you'll be getting a great rig. My wife and I were split between the Raptor 332 and Fuzion 371, and could have cut deals at about the same price point for both. In the end, we decided we liked the Fuzion floor plan better. My advice to anyone considering a purchase is not to worry about the name, or which one people think is higher end. Just get the one that fits.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 103 CI
Everyone has issues...some people's are just more interesting."
ri_truck_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:15 AM   #3
crash

I agree get what floor plan best fits you.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:23 AM   #4
matandjen

They are both nice units. Look at the floor plans and options that best suit you.

We went with the Fuzion 390 Chrome because of the floor plan and the additional items on it that we really liked.
matandjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:49 AM   #5
Timon

I was just wondering based on components used more than the unit its self. They just seems to flip flop around a bit.

I was watching a video one dealer did and the presenter was a guy that was 6'6. He was walking around the bedroom area in one of the Raptors, the 384PK I think, without hitting his head. I walked around the Fuzion 404 and was brushing my head and I'm 6'3 in my shoes. At this point the extra headroom in the bedroom area is one thing I like but I don't know if its across the board or just happens to be the one model. I sure wish they published the bedroom ceiling height.

Speaking of the 384PK, that garage length is great. It's the only one that I could get a honda fit or a few of the other small cars into rather than being stuck with a smart car. Not sure about living with the size of the main area and I know my wife couldn't handle no windows around the bed. She likes the air coming in.

Anyway, I'm now looking at the floor plan of both. However I do wish I could mix a couple of features.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #6
bcbbmom

The place we bought our Fuzion told us that they see a lot of people who are wanting shorter units going with the Fuzion, and those wanting 40 or over going with the Raptor. Honestly, we didn't look at a lot of Raptors, as we had a Fuzion before and were pretty sold on that. In hindsight, however, I do wish we'd spent some time going through the Raptors. We went with the 404 Fuzion, but it was close between that and the 342. Love the 342's fireplace/entertainment area. Not a fan of the fireplace setup in ours.
bcbbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:52 AM   #7
Sandi587

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbbmom View Post
The place we bought our Fuzion told us that they see a lot of people who are wanting shorter units going with the Fuzion, and those wanting 40 or over going with the Raptor. Honestly, we didn't look at a lot of Raptors, as we had a Fuzion before and were pretty sold on that. In hindsight, however, I do wish we'd spent some time going through the Raptors. We went with the 404 Fuzion, but it was close between that and the 342. Love the 342's fireplace/entertainment area. Not a fan of the fireplace setup in ours.
The 404 has a fireplace?

I agree. we went with the floor plan that suited us the best. I didn't want a 42 foot RV, but the 404 had everything we were looking for. But it was the pub booth and rear kitchen that sealed the deal for us.

2013 Dodge Ram Dually
2014 Fuzion 404 Chrome
Sandi587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:59 AM   #8
DiverB

Sandi,

Can you see the TV if your sitting on the far end of the couch or does the island get in the way? I too like the "pub table" on the 401
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 - Custom Tuned, 5" TBE, ATS Tranny, ARP Head studs, EGR Cooler delete, S&B intake, GDP intake horn, EDGE CTS w/turbo timer, FASS 95 lift pump, pac-brake airbags, Mag Hytec diff covers, B&W 20K hitch, AMSOIL everywhere

https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/199482.png
DiverB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #9
Sandi587

By far end I am assuming you mean the end of the couch closest to the tv? The tv does have an articulating mount that will come away from the wall and angle towards the couch. Not enough in my opinion though. Otherwise I can see the tv from anyplace else In the coach, including with my back to it, sitting at the table, it reflects perfectly in the sliding glass door to the garage, lol.

Yes, you can see it from the end of the couch closest to the tv, but it's not an optimum angle. That wasn't a real big concern for us, as we watch little tv while camping. When we do watch is usually in bed.

We just love the pub table, for us it was the absolute selling point. It had everything else we were looking for, but when we sat in the table it was a done deal. Only thing I will add is I think the table sits about an inch too high. I'm going to remove the table, take the pedestal to a metal shop and have them cut an inch or so out of it.

2013 Dodge Ram Dually
2014 Fuzion 404 Chrome
Sandi587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #10
DiverB

Glad your happy with the purchase, send us a picture of your rig. You have a great truck to tow it with too
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 - Custom Tuned, 5" TBE, ATS Tranny, ARP Head studs, EGR Cooler delete, S&B intake, GDP intake horn, EDGE CTS w/turbo timer, FASS 95 lift pump, pac-brake airbags, Mag Hytec diff covers, B&W 20K hitch, AMSOIL everywhere

https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/199482.png
DiverB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:47 PM   #11
bcbbmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi587 View Post
The 404 has a fireplace?

I agree. we went with the floor plan that suited us the best. I didn't want a 42 foot RV, but the 404 had everything we were looking for. But it was the pub booth and rear kitchen that sealed the deal for us.
The pub booth is one of my favorite features, as well. I just wish it were enough to make me like this thing now. Just too many issues..
bcbbmom is offline   Reply With Quote