Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #21
SmittysRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse.m.jm View Post
I hate to bring logic in to fight their argument, but if the motor needed constant 12v power to keep the bunks in position, then wouldn't everyone come back to bunks in the lowered position when they put the trailer in storage and disconnect the batteries?

I don't actually own one of these units, so I may not have a clue what I am talking about, but it does seem like that argument doesn't really hold up.

-Jesse
Hence the reason I don't believe a word the dealership tells me anymore....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

https://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps7fb09er8.png

Tow Vehicle: 2006 F550 studded and bullet proofed!
Toys: 2012 RZR XP4 900, Yamaha WR450, TTR230 and 2 TTR90s.
SmittysRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #22
EricLynnAllison

I disconnect my batteries every time I won't be using the RV for more than 2 days. They don't need power to stay up. I might look into a power shut off too. I don't like the idea of pinning the motorized bunk in place. That may also cause damage if it tries to move against the pin.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #23
That Girl Racing

The bed switch on my latches. If the power is interrupted while the switch is latched in the down position and power is restored at a later time the bed continues down. Problem is you may not be there when it happens. Probably not the best engineering for the application.
That Girl Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #24
Whitehouse

Did everything get fixed?
Whitehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:47 AM   #25
Sledge Hammer

I saw a similar incident as yours on rv.net a few months back. I don't recall if it was a Keystone or not. It is probably a Happi Jack bed. I am beginning to wonder if I need to drill some holes so I can pin the bed in the up position when towing so the Harley doesn't get crushed. Keep us posted with your resolution with Keystone.
Sledge Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #26
SmittysRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
Did everything get fixed?
Yes. It finally got fixed and Keystone sent me a check for the damages items. It did have to go back one other time as the bunk was installed incorrect. The last few trips it has worked perfect (KNocking on wood).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer View Post
I saw a similar incident as yours on rv.net a few months back. I don't recall if it was a Keystone or not. It is probably a Happi Jack bed. I am beginning to wonder if I need to drill some holes so I can pin the bed in the up position when towing so the Harley doesn't get crushed. Keep us posted with your resolution with Keystone.
That was probably me
SmittysRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #27
Sledge Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittysRV View Post
I’m with ya on this... They are telling me that the bunks will have a tendency to slower lower down if you cut the power to them. The constant 12v power is what holds the bunks in a break like state. Who really knows unless I test it? It’s hard to believe what they tell me. I did pick up the Raptor the other day and the bunks seem to be working properly for now. They are now level and when you get to the down position it stops and doesn’t keep trying to push down as it used to do in both the up position and the down. We have a trip planned for the end of the month and shall see how good they perform…..
This is just more dealer BS. When the switch is not activated there is no power going to the motor. For it to go down on its own, there was power to the switch allowing it to go down. If it was like the dealer said, every time we changed the battery the bed would go down.
Sledge Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote