Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
joestaz

6 point jacks

Anyone out there have the 6 point leveling jacks on their toyhauler? Just wondering because of the height of our haulers if the system works well.
Retired
joestaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
tileman

We have them on our fuzion 310 and they work great so far.

Have used them about 15 times and so far so good
Old 07-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
closesquarters

Not sure how much higher your toy hauler is than my Montana, but I'm pretty excited about my 6 point level-up system since I've had it for only two weeks. Have put the jacks up and down 4 times now including a 5 night camping trip. I really enjoy the speed of the hydraulics, but like the stability of the camper when the jack are down even better! With a previous 35 foot fifth wheel (without auto leveling) I tried numerous methods to stabilize the thing but always felt significant movement inside when someone was moving around. Even with the level-up system there will alway be some movement... but it is very little compared to before.

2012 Keystone Montana 3582RL
2011 Duramax 3500 short box
closesquarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #4
gbsb

I'm wanting the level up system, its getting harder to set up every time we stop. I have read a lot of post on different sites and it seems the cost is around $5000.00. Is this a close estimate on cost and how long did it take to get it done. How about a recomendation on a dealer.
Living the dream fulltiming across America
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
tileman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsb View Post
I'm wanting the level up system, its getting harder to set up every time we stop. I have read a lot of post on different sites and it seems the cost is around $5000.00. Is this a close estimate on cost and how long did it take to get it done. How about a recomendation on a dealer.
Our level up system came with the trailer when we got it.
The dealer said it was a $3,800.00 add on. We were at durhamtown its a motocross park in GA. And a guy had the same setup we had and he said he had it installed at the dealer and it was around $4,100.00 But did not say the dealers name.

Ron.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
closesquarters

Quote:
My leveling system came with the new trailer too. Not sure but I've heard around $4500 for install. I'm curious though how much it would be for folks who already have front-only hydraulic jacks to add the other 4.

2012 Keystone Montana 3582RL
2011 Duramax 3500 short box
closesquarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
gbsb

I called Lipert in Goshen IN today and ask about cost to install on our 2010 383 fuzion TE 11. Was told $4800.00 and they would need the coach for one day, comes with one year warranty and doesn't void the warranty on the frame. Now I have to decide if I want to spend $4800.00. George
Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
gbsb

I decided I'm going to call Lipert in Goshen tomorrow and make an appointment to have the level up system put on. I have read about some problems with the system, but read of a lot of happy campers so I'm going with it. George
Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #9
tileman

Quote:
I decided I'm going to call Lipert in Goshen tomorrow and make an appointment to have the level up system put on. I have read about some problems with the system, but read of a lot of happy campers so I'm going with it. George
You will be happy with it

We have only used ours about 15 times so far and every time I get at lest 2 or 3 guys come over and ask who installed it on my trailer. It's nice to use.

We went over to ocala a few weeks ago and from the time I pulled in unhitched I hit the auto level the jacks did its thing and I was done. Time maybe 5 min total.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #10
Pman806

I have it on my Fuzion 310. The best thing to happen to camping since air conditioning. I spent 6 years with a bumper pull and manual scissor jacks. All my friends at our regular camp site hate it when I pull up and push a button to set up. I told them they can get a payment just like me if they want a new toy hauler with the 6 point leveling system!
Pman806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #11
Ron

Love ours, working great so far.......
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #12
gbsb

I got my appointment for August 1st at Lipert in Goshen. I hate to spend that much money but I'm disabled and this will make set up so much easier. And it will be level I have had the hardest time leveling this 40' monster, my front jacks seem to be weak and have a hard time picking the front up very high. Will post how the system works after the first. George
Old 07-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #13
GaryBro

Our Fuzion 310 came with the package that included the 6-point levelers. When I saw the system at the dealers and remembered 11 years leveling our old Tailgator, I was sure I wanted it. We picked ours up back in April and I think Keystone was offering the package as a free upgrade back then. It has got to be the best thing since sliced bread. Seems like quite a few hoses and some fancy electronics - hope that it continues to work well for a long time.
2014 Sherco 250
GaryBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:33 AM   #14
joestaz

6 pt leveling

Well I went to Camping World and authorized installer for the 6 point Lippert system and was a little disappointed. After speaking with the tech about installing the system aftermarket, cost, loss of use to compartments, added expense of installation, and age of my unit, I decided that I've done w/o the leveling system since 2003 (my first 5er) I will not have the system installed. The cost factor of $5000.00+ made me really think about it. Continue carring leveling blocks and 2 by"s.
Retired
joestaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #15
Drew Waller

6 PT Level System

My 6 point leveling system come on my new Raptor Toy Hauler! That one new feature was one of the reasons I traded in a Raptor 3612 I only had for 2 seasons. It's great! I've gotten way past my younger years of crawling around, blocking, leveling and then having to do it all over again when it wasn't level. That made me use bad words! Now it's stop the truck, take the weight off the hitch (one button) see a crack of daylight under the hitch, move the truck forward after unlocking, push the auto level and it's done in about 2-3 minutes. It's great, take my word for it! It remembers what height it was at when it was uncoupled. Press 2 buttons it automatically takes the trailer back to the height it was uncoupled at. Back the truck up, lock the hitch and push the auto retract button. Your done!

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #16
duramax

We originally were opting to wait for our raptor off the assembly line without the level up system to save a dime and opted to take a unit on hand instead, so glad we did no more spending an hour to get it perfect I hope it remains easy with no breakdowns.
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #17
Heliumhel

Have them on mine and they work great. No complaints really.
Heliumhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #18
gbsb

As I posted earlier we had the system retrofitted to our 2010 Fuzion 383 TE11 The system works great and I love it. The only thing is I get popping sounds from the camper as the temperature changes hot to cold and back. Some times real loud pops the camper does not move and stays level but does pop. Any one else notice this kind of sounds. We fulltime RV so are in our unit all the time. It pops weather on grass, gravel, or concrete, I have tried wooden blocks under the jacks and doesn't make any difference. thanks for answer George