Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
VADave

Fuzion Monster Package

Does anyone have any opinions on the new Monster package? The cost difference between a Fuzion 310 with the package and one without is about $3000. Is it worth it? The main appeal for me is the 6 point hydraulic leveling system. The rest...vacuum, air compressor, extra TV, etc., is all fluff in my opinion....
VADave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The level up 6 point leveling system is "just shy of $4000 (according to posts of people who have had it installed)

If you're going to be doing any hot weather camping, the extra roll out awning is always a nice addition, a "built in" air compressor will definitely save having to pack one that is always in the way, welded D-ring tie downs would beat the "screwed to the frame" type in almost every situation, add a dedicated outside TV and electric heat pads on holding tanks and it seems like a "thrifty package" even at $3000. But the website and the brochure indicate it's a "free package" (at least according to the sales hype)

It appears to be a "special offering" for a limited time with no additional price. There is an optional Ramp Door Patio Package for $3375. Could that be the added cost you found?

As for the "free Monster Package" I'm sure somebody is paying for it, <G> but most of the add-ons seem to be things that would make camping more convenient and add to the cold weather function. I'd say it sounds like a nice addition if it's really free

I can't say the same about the dual A/C with heat strips option though. A 15K BTU A/C is about $700 and heat strips are about 100 each, so the price of $1100 seems a bit high for that part of the optional package. Of course, if it also includes the ducting to tie both A/C's together in the roof air delivery system, then it may be worthwhile to have the option of using the A/C in the unused part of the RV to cut down on noise while in the other part of the RV and vice-versa. But if the second A/C is just a ceiling mount without ducting throughout the RV, it's probably cheaper to add it separately.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
VADave

I agree...someone has to pay for it. Maybe if I was going to pay closer to MSRP, they would hide the cost to make it appear as though it were "free". Actually the brochure doesn't say "free", just "no cost".

The units I'm considering don't have the patio package or the dual ACs although I have inquired on installing a 2nd AC and the dealer quoted me $1000 installed. Sounds like a decent price, but maybe not considering the coaches are already prepped for a 2nd AC.

So it sounds like paying the extra $3k premium ($2750 to be exact) might be worthwhile....
VADave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
jje1960

Fluff

One mans fluff is another's comfort! Now that's coming from someone that can't justify 3k to auto level a unit! We made our deal and purchased the TV and SRX at the upper-end of affordability.... My upgrades and 'mod's' consist mainly of accent mirrors, used satellite dome and Walmart shelves and hooks to make it 'ours' inside!
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
mikell

Heat strips or a heat pump? For under 50k$ it looks real good
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote