Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #21
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperDave View Post
Thanks! I actually have 6 of those kits. You can actually connect the LED strip to one of the speaker outputs without the box and the lights will glow to the low frequency of the music but it has to be turned up pretty high (defeats the purpose if the campground opposes it). I was just curious as to how you connected yours. Although I like the idea, for me it just not practical in a campground setting (music to light that is).

I have always had blue on for the underglow (without music) and never an issue at the park I frequent. I change colors occasionally but always come back to blue. I can certainly relate to the other campers having issues with LED, especially the older ones that flicker. Some people are extra sensitive to that, me included but I wouldn't complain about it, just wouldn't look at it.
All that I had to do was connect two wires to the left and right sides of the + sides of the units output. I went through my online receipts last night and I guess that I bought these a few yrs ago so nothing was showing.
Yup some people don't like the lights but if they have a problem they should come speak with me about their concerns and not run off to the ranger.
I think that I pulled into a campground that had full timers living there yr round and you know what they're like to deal with.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #22
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
People complain about everything and in the States there's so many rules in the campgrounds that it's almost like being in jail. But where does one setup when they're just going to attend a group for a night or two? Is there a list somewhere of private grounds?
Rules??? Try living in a condominium complex! Anyway most all Alberta Parks campgrounds don't even allow alcohol. Not sure about BC. have only stayed at private CGs.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #23
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
One of our favorite campgrounds will ask you to turn off the LEDs in some of the situations listed above with good reason (and probably due to complaints from folks like me).

If you use the LEDs for ambient lighting or supplemental, non-glaring lighting around the perimeter of the trailer that is one thing. To think that pulsing, flashing lights in the dark changing to your favorite music is cool to everyone would be wrong.

As I've stated previously, the only time I've ever heard my outdoor speakers is on the PDI. I don't turn them on because I don't want to impose my "noise" on someone else - and I've outgrown loud music. Same goes for the lights. If they couldn't be seen beyond the perimeter of your site it would be OK, but, if everyone in the campground has to watch them as they ruin a nice, quiet evening then you are imposing on those around you. Many, if not most, of us enjoy the quiet evening as the sun fades to dark. We may sit around and visit, watch the stars, listen to the various "night sounds" etc. What we didn't want to do is listen to/watch someone's rock/rap/hip hop etc. music while watching a 1960's psychedelic light show.

In the boonies it's fine; crank it up till the leaves shake and the lights look like a lightning storm, but, in a campground it's inconsiderate and disrespectful....IMO.

In other words, everyone has to camp according to your wants.

One of the things I hate about our country... everyone is offended at something... and the majority has to bend to please the minority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback 325BH View Post
In other words, everyone has to camp according to your wants.

One of the things I hate about our country... everyone is offended at something... and the majority has to bend to please the minority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all. In the illustrations I pointed out, in fact, those that park, turn up the sound and turn on the flashing lights are making EVERYONE in the park deal with their wants. Same goes for loud and drunken behavior, screaming around on ATVs etc. In my case I'm not offended except by the offensive.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
People complain about everything and in the States there's so many rules in the campgrounds that it's almost like being in jail. But where does one setup when they're just going to attend a group for a night or two? Is there a list somewhere of private grounds?

You know, I camp in lots of campgrounds. I've not come across a single one where I felt like the rules were like being in jail. Quite the contrary; I like them there to keep the riff raff out, the partiers quiet, the ATVs off the road and those that have no "couth" at bay.

When I want to go somewhere so I can crank up music (usually for my son/grandson) we go to remote places and camp in the middle of nowhere. There are no rules there and they can sing and carry on if they want. We like the national forests; not national forest campgrounds, but in the forest. To us those are the most open, free places you can go to do what you want - just take care of the forest. In that environment you aren't imposing your wants on others. When they go with me to a private campground I will not let them do anything that would impose on other campers; it's disrespectful, it's inconsiderate and just plain wrong.

I think you will find most "private" campgrounds are going to have rules. If you look around you may be able to find a private party that has private property that would let you camp without too many confinements. If you go somewhere a lot that might be worth the effort.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:04 AM   #26
gary31

Added LEDS

I added them in the stair wells so I could keep the white awning leds off and keep bugs away from the doors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1309.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	12952  

Enjoying the Grandkids like No Tomorrow!
-----------------------------------------------
2015 Carbon 31
2013 F250 CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel
2005 Honda Rancher & 2017 RZR 900S
gary31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:39 PM   #27
mikz86ta

Nice!

I did some from my front entry door to the front of the coach. Kinda of a path light. Where we park and our lot (full timer living) , it helps......and looks cool
Plus I work nights so I have it wired to step lights.

Where did you wire it to and put the controller?
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #28
jlensi

I added mine a few years ago. You can buy the strips of LED lights on eBay for around 6 bucks. I put a small DC switch in the front cargo compartment of my Raptor to turn them off and on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5699 2.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	13592  
jlensi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led